Realistic Goals For 2019 Everyone Should Consider

A new year doesn't always mean forcing yourself to change and then giving up two weeks later.

14

New year, new me! It is this time of the year where everyone makes a list of accomplishments to do for this year such as lose weight, eat healthier, travel more, get better grades, watch less television and more. I'm not saying they are not good goals but if you think about it, they are not entirely realistic either. Here are a couple of realistic goals for you to consider!

1. Run 20 minutes each day

If you want to lose weight or just get fit, start little by little. There are so many different ways for you to fit in a run. Go to the gym or run around your community. Run on a treadmill, run outside by yourself, or run with your dog! The idea is to start a routine that won't take much time out of your day. Besides, if you can't find an opportunity to run, try doing a 100 squats! You can do it all in one set or separate. However, I recommend separate sittings if you're out of shape while watching TV.

2. Make a budget list

Do you want to save money? Write down how much you spend on what and then eliminate (or unsubscribe) to what you don't use. Break down your expenses, such as groceries, gas, and rent. Save everything else!

3. Make time for yourself

Let's be honest, we get so focused on our job, school work, kids, and our family that we forget to take a breather for ourselves.

Sure, we try to relax by watching movies or TV, but is that enough? How about drawing a bath, surrounded with bubbles, aromatic oils, bubbles and soft music? Or unplugging our electronics for one day where all you do is read, meditate and stretch?

4. Do something random each day

Normally that means waving and smiling to strangers or getting out of your way to pet dogs. You can even go as for as to compliment someone but trust me, you will feel amazing (from personal experience). It also cheers others up.

That is one of the reasons why I do something out of my ordinary routine, and more, if it will cheer someone else up because we don't know what's going on in their life.

5. Be punctual

Trust me, I know this one isn't as realistic as the rest. I mean, how many of us have started a new semester or school year and said that we'll be ahead of the work and then somehow find ourselves behind?

Try to get your work done day by day or week by week. Don't let it all pile up and stress you out.

Something else to do is to look at the syllabus before class and yes, work with the schedule attached to it.

6. Cheat day

Just because you're eating healthier doesn't mean you have to kick out sweetness and junk food out of your life. We all know that cheat day is how it works. The key is the proportions. Don't gorge yourself on certain foods! Snack here and there or give yourself some time between meals before eating more food.

I found that my body can't handle an entire day of unhealthy food so I just make either lunch or dinner to be whatever I want, no matter how unhealthy.

Also don't cut off exercise from this day, if you don't feel like doing your normal workout routine just as stretches.

7. Travel to places you've never gone to in your city and country

We all want to travel more but none of us think about getting to know our country more. Besides, if you have a car, you can pack it up and ride to a new destination, even with friends! Grab a map, pick a random city, and go there. This is also a good opportunity on calling your friends more.

8. To fall in love 

I'm sure many people have this as one of their resolutions. I'm not saying that it's not possible but don't make it a goal. Love won't come the more you hunt it down. Also, learn to love yourself first, appreciate what you have and who you are.

9. Disconnect yourself

I would say use less technology but we live in a world that revolves around technology. One tip that may help is while you're working on school projects or assignments, power everything off and lock it away from you.

Okay, maybe not your phone, you might need that for emergencies but the idea is to keep it away from you.

10. Do you!

It's a new year, yes, but does that require for you to change each time? No! What you are doing is adding better traits to yourself. Even if that means cutting out people out of your life or some habits that are not healthy. The idea is to make better changes for yourself and nobody else.