Definitive Rating Of Netflix's Best, As It Stands In 2018

from someone who's opinion doesn't matter

107
tumblr

Everyone loves Netflix. Whether you admit it or not there's been nights you'll sit there and drool binge watching and cancel or avoid plans because you're "busy."

I've done it. You've done it. We've all done it.

There's nothing worse than finishing a show you've been hooked on. It feels like a part of you is missing. You feel like the characters were your friends and now you're lost in this world until you find another show to fill that void.

So, I've rated the best shows I've ever watched on Netflix out of ten. I've even included small summaries of the show to help you decide. Some are popular with my unpopular opinion attached and others are hidden gems that you can thank me for in the form of you Netflix password (because let's be honest it's probably your cousins husbands college roommates account anyway)

Orange is the New Black: 7/10

Ok so basically, a regular girl gets thrown in jail for her past mistake and you follow her experience through prison. It's a real dark comedy. In the beginning I liked it a lot. It had my attention for a while, but it took too long for them to release new seasons that by the time they did, I had forgotten what had even happened in the previous seasons. Also, it got a little to graphic for me, but if you're into that kind of this this is the one for you.

13 Reasons Why: 7/10

I think I liked this more while I was watching it. I don't hate it because of people bringing bad light to it about glorifying suicide, I think it did the opposite. It showed people that even the little mean things they do can have a big impact on others. However, I thought the acting was a little corny and it was kind of drawn out.

Riverdale: 7.5/10

I know, I rated it much lower than a lot of people probably would have. The storyline was really cool and interesting, but sometimes the acting was a little corny. Definitely worth watching, just not my favorite show.

How to Get Away with Murder: 9/10

You follow the lives of law school students who get picked to work alongside their most prestigious professor and get caught up in quite a mess. Actually, quite a few messes. Really great show but there is a lot going on so it can be hard to follow especially if you have a short attention span like me.

Grey's Anatomy: 9.5/10

This show really deserves an 13/10 but it continuously rips my heart out of my chest and then stomps on it. You follow the life of Meredith Grey a surgeon with a certain love interest who, you'll find out has more tragedy in her life than anyone you would ever imagine. (Also some how OITNB was too graphic for me but this wasn't so that says a lot about how much I like this show.) Also added bonus pretty much almost every cast member is incredibly good looking

Sons of Anarchy: 9.5/10

Another one that I'm rating too harshly. Such a good show, but again it made me cry more than I thought possible. It's about a vigilante biker gang and it's so bada**. Again, way more graphic than Orange is the New Black but it didn't bother me (that much) because it was such. a. good. show.

New Girl: 10/10

It's about a girl who breaks up with her boyfriend and has to move out, so she moves in with three guys and they become friends and they're all equally hilarious. It's one of those shows where you'll forget about it for a little while and then every time you go back to it you get mad at yourself for forgetting about it because you love it so much.

Gossip Girl: 10/10

You get a look into New York's most elite, a bunch of rich high schoolers with a stalker essentially that posts all their secrets. (My description sucks but the show doesn't) Just watch it, you won't be disappointed.

Parks and Recreation: 10/10

This show is hilarious. Like not oh that was funny let me breath a little harder out of my nose as a laugh, no like actual laugh out loud funny. It's about exactly what it sounds like - people working in the Parks department in a small town.

Stranger Things: 10/10

I don't even know how to explain this one without giving anything away. Basically there's a small quiet town in the 70s with a big secret "factory"? and a lot of bad mysterious things happen. (again I think my description is probably driving you to not watch it but it's really good, totally binge worthy. Start it on a day where you have no plans because you will cancel them.

Shameless: 11/10

If you haven't started watching this yet I don't know what you're waiting for. They call it a dramedy and they're right. It's intense and it's funny and it's amazing. It's not your typical funny show because there's a good story line. It's about a family of kids who are basically raised by themselves with a little help from their older sister and constantly pestered by their drunken father. Watch it ASAP!!!!

There's a lot out there and I've watched more Netflix than I'd like to admit, unfortunately some of the shows I've watched have since been removed (Still not over them taking away One Tree Hill)