I'd Rather Take The Path Less Traveled

I'd Rather Take The Path Less Traveled

Why I'm Leaning Towards The Unfamiliar
5

I've always been told to follow my dreams. But, what if my dreams are a little complicated?

For as long as I can remember, I've had this intense passion. Writing has always been apart of my life, and although I've tried to deny it, I think I've always known that someday it would intertwine itself with my future career ambitions. So, although I've tried to deny it, I think it's blatant that I can't ignore it any longer.

I hear God calling me. He is calling my heart to write about His love, mercy, and magnificent wonder. But, He is also calling me to use my hands and heart to design for His Kingdom. So, I find myself at a crossroads. Do I take the path that is easy? Do I choose one love over another? Or do I venture down the path less traveled? Do I run full speed down the unknown path, where few have dared to wander?

I've spent countless hours, countless nights, and I've had countless conversations in regards to these questions. And it all comes down to this; Does one passion, one love, one gift from God outweigh the other? The answer, isn't simple. But, I think I've come to a decision. I'd rather take the path less traveled.

I'm not sure if it's the right decision in the long run, but for now, it's where I believe God is leading me. He beckons me towards the path less traveled. He is calling me to pursue a career that isn't common, that isn't the norm. He is guiding me towards a future I never expected.

I love to write. But I also love to design. So, with God's guidance and His never ending support, I hope to combine my two passions. I may not know how I'm going to get there, or how it's even possible. But, I know that if I give God the pen and open my eyes to opportunities He will place before me, I will one day find myself in a job where both my passions burn bright.

It may seems strange, and it's definitely terrifying, but I'd rather take the path less traveled.