The Definitive Ranking Of Candy Colors

The Definitive Ranking Of Candy Colors

No matter the candy, this list holds true.

36

There is simply no feeling better than taking a bite of your favorite candy. It can pick you up after a horrible day and remind you that there is at least a little bit of good left in this world, or it can make an already good day even better. Either way, candy is usually the answer.

Of course, candy can more or less be separated into two different categories: fruit flavored and chocolate. Fruit flavored candies generally come in several different colors, with each color maintaining a different flavor, and therefore a unique candy experience. However, when it comes to these different flavors of candy, the same pattern holds true no matter what the candy is, with the same colors and flavors always superior to the other ones. Here is the definitive ranking of candy colors, a ranking that holds true for everything from Skittles to Starbursts.

1. Blue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPZ2-RCnhaQ

Blue is just the best, that's really all there is to it. Anytime that a candy comes in blue, that flavor is essentially superior to all else. Maybe your favorite color is blue, maybe it's not. But you can't deny that blue candy, typically with the flavor of blue raspberry but occasionally blueberry, is pretty much always better than everything other flavor. The only downside is that not every single candy comes in blue. The majority of them do, but not all of them, making blue into a somewhat luxurious candy color. It's not always there, but when it is, it's the best.

2. Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t-uUcLA8Lc

Red is probably the most dependable of all candy colors, and also the second most delicious, inferior only to the almighty blue. Red will always be there, because as far as I know, every fruity candy comes with a red option, whether the flavor be strawberry, cherry, or raspberry. Red will always be there for you, and it happens to be the best candy color except for when blue is around. For example, red was always the best color of Sour Patch Kid, until Sour Patch did the unthinkable and released a blue option. Still, red deserves praise for being the second most delicious candy color, and the one that is always there no matter what.

3. Green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfO7lMiLZDM

Green candy is generally pretty good, although it can sometimes be hit or miss because there are a variety of flavors that have come to occasionally take the form of the color green. Lime is a common flavor for candy that is green, however the color can also manifest as green apple, and even watermelon on some occasions. It's a pleasant surprise when you bite into a green candy expecting it to be lime, only to discover that it is actually a much better flavor, such as green apple or watermelon. Because of this ambiguity in terms of the color green, and it's potential to be so much more than originally thought, it achieves the highly coveted spot of third on the list.

4. Orange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dULxAAd_Io

At this point, we have passed the best flavors and are now exploring the ones that most people tend to avoid, flavors that often remain in the bag after the highly sought after candy has all been eaten. Orange is a decent color, and it is always reliable because it really only comes in one flavor: orange. It is probably the most simple candy/flavor combination in existence. It is not the best, but it is by no means the worst either. Orange is orange, which may lead many people to prefer orange candy, because this type of stability is something that many people could use more of in their lives.

5. Yellow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95wLPLDwzkg

There is nothing wrong with the color yellow, it just does not quite measure up to other candy colors and thus, we find it at the bottom of the list. It is usually the flavor of lemon, and while this flavor works in certain candies, it does not always work well with others. Lemonheads are delicious, but lemon Sour Patch Kids are probably the worst Sour Patch flavor. However, yellow candy can surprise you because it sometimes it turns out to be banana, which as we all know, is one of the best flavors of Runts. I don't think I've eaten a Runt since I was about eight years old, but I think they still exist.

There you have it. This is the definitive ranking of these five candy colors, a flavor guide that can be applied to just about any type of fruit flavored candy. Blue is the best, red is good too, green isn't bad, orange is decent, and yellow is alright. Candy is candy though, it all pretty much tastes good.