Random, Useless Facts… 'Cause Why Not?

Random, Useless Facts… 'Cause Why Not?

31
Random, Useless Facts… 'Cause Why Not?

Who doesn't love a good useless fact? I mean sure, it won't help you with anything, at all...ever, but I feel like they are just necessary.

I feel like random facts have more uses than people think. There is no better icebreaker on a date than a good random, useless fact. (Although there are probably a thousand better icebreakers than a random, useless fact.) But either way, here are 36 random, useless facts that you may or may not find a use for.

1. The numbers "172" can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.

2. Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.

3. Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours a day.

4. The surface area of an average-sized brick is 79cm squared.

5. The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.

6. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.

7. Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump.

8. When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.

9. American car horns beep in the tone of F.

10. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.

11. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing their hands in jelly.

12. Diet Coke was invented in 1982.

13. Charlie Brown's father was a barber.

14. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.

15. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

16. The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss.

17. A car that shifts manually gets 2 miles more per gallon of gas than a car with an automatic shift.

18. The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.

19. Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

20. Children grow faster in the spring time.

21. On average, there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonalds BigMac bun.

22. February is Black History Month.

23. The elephant is the only animal with 4 knees.

24. The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.

25. The Hawaiian alphabet only has 12 letters.

26. Every US president has worn glasses.

27. A snail can have 25,000 teeth.

28. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

29. All polar bears are left-handed.

30. Cats' urine glows under a black light.

31. Greenland is the largest island in the world.

32. The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from libraries.

33. One in eight million people has progeria, a disease that causes people to grow faster than they age.

34. Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only one testicle.

35. Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters amt.

36. 0.3% of all road accidents in Canada involve a moose.

You're welcome.