5 Rainy Day Activities For Kids That Will Make The Rain Go Away Faster

Sometimes rain isn't so bad
208

For many, rainy days mean catching up on that Netflix show you're obsessed with while catching up on laundry. Rainy days for those who love books means snuggling up with one of those books from the ever-growing To Be Read pile.

However, for those with kids, rainy days can seem like days that never end. You may find yourself wondering how to get these kids out of your house so you can maintain your sanity. So what are some activities that you can do with your kids while you're all limited in options?

1. Go to the library

Going to your local library for story time or for a toddler activity time might be just what you need. It allows your child to interact and to work out some of their energy. You'll also get a little peace and quiet since libraries are known indoor voice zones. You might even be able to convince your little one to take time out to pick out a few books that you can read at home together.

2. Conservatories

If the library seems like a bad idea, a conservatory is another option for those ready to get their hands dirty. Some conservatories provide programs for families in which they can help to dig holes and plant certain plant species during their time at the conservatory. They also help to give the illusion that the child is outside which may help to alleviate some of the boredom that kids feel when trapped inside.

3. Museums

A lot of museums have specific sections dedicated to keeping children entertained. STEM museums tend to have children's exhibits that the kids can interact with in order to learn. Some museums have tailored exhibits towards certain child interests such as dinosaurs, sharks, and birds. Not to mention, walking the length of the museum may help to burn off some of that pent-up energy.

4. Treasure Hunt

A treasure hunt is a good idea for when you don't have the option of leaving the comfort of your own home. Create a map that your little one has to follow in order to find something special. This could be a favorite snack, toy or even something quickly homemade that makes the treasure hunt fun.

You can make the treasure hunt last for as little or as long as you want. You can also increase or decrease the level of difficulty depending on age. One good way to increase difficulty is through the use of hints instead of a map.

5. Baking

Baking is a fun way to teach the basics of the kitchen. Cookies are relatively simple to make and the outcome is delicious! Mixing the ingredients together is a simple task that allows the child to feel engaged in the process without having to watch their every move. Also, if you choose to make sugar cookies, the cut outs are a fun way to explore shapes or animals. Bonus points come in with the clean up which your little one can also help with.