5 Quotes To Remember For Turning Your Mayhem Morning Into A Darling Day

There are only 24 hours in the day, then there’s the reset button. Go ahead and hit it. ​

114
Unsplash

Ever had one of those days? You know the days I’m talking about. Like a, “It’s 10 am, how could a day go so wrong already?!” kind of day.

I had one of those mornings, but I am determined not to make it one of those days.

Last night, I couldn’t fall asleep, so consequently, I ended up sleeping through the alarm for my first class of the day this morning. I got up, got ready, and was determined to have a better morning.

Fast forward an hour and there’s five minutes until the bus shows up. I start to rush out the door and end up dropping my entire cup of coffee all over the vanity in my dorm suite. I hurry to clean it up and start a new cup. There was no way I’d make it through the day without any caffeine. So, I start the Keurig and it starts dispensing.... without my mug underneath.

I rush to the bus stop and realize I’m one minute late for the bus - just one dang minute. So I wait for the next bus... and it doesn’t show up. At this point, there’s no way I’d make it to class on time, and I’m not the kind of person who walks in late, so I decided to skip. Thinking nothing important would be going on in class today, my friend starts texting me, telling me all of the important stuff that I’m missing in class.

I go back to my dorm, make a cup of coffee, and just start praying. I am determined to make it a good day. It will be a good day.

So if you’re ever having a morning like me, here’s five quotes to get your morning mojo back and make the day better than ever.

1. "If you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine."

Just because you’re having a bad day or a bad morning, doesn’t mean everybody else has to. Sometimes the best cure for a bad mood is to make somebody else’s day. Because who doesn’t feel better after making somebody else happy? Be the sunshine and let your rays shine bright. You’ll make yours and everybody else’s day better.

2. "Sometimes the worst place you can be is your own head."

One bad happening has the potential to ruin the rest of your day - only if you let it. Give yourself five minutes to moan and mope about it, but then brush it off. Spilled coffee does not equal the world ending, so stop letting your negative thoughts convince you of such.

3. "Look for something positive in each day, even if you have to look a little harder."

Not every day is guaranteed to just fly by smoothly. That’s not how life works. We have to make the conscious decision on whether or not it’s going to be a good day, and then we have to work towards that. Some days are harder to make better than others, but if we put in the little effort to find the good and positive in things that normally would make no difference on an easy day, the happiness in the little things will add up and make all the difference.

4. "You've never lived this day before and you never will again. Make it count."

A new day, a new experience, a clean slate. And tomorrow will be, too. You won’t get this day back and you can’t relive these 24 hours, so don’t make it a day you’ll regret or a day you’ll look back on and scowl at.

5. "A bad day only last 24 hours."

Even if you can’t get past the funk and the whole day seems to be a drag, it only lasts 24 hours. It will end, and tomorrow is a new day with new happenings. But, be careful — don’t let today’s misery ruin tomorrow’s potential. There are only 24 hours in the day, then there’s the reset button. Go ahead and hit it.

So go on and don't dwell. The day is only as good as you make.