6 Quotes Everyone Should Read

6 Quotes Everyone Should Read

Some words to keep you going.
22

Throughout our lives we have all heard quotes that stick with us and that we can recall word for word. For me, words hold a special place in my heart and are one of the things I adore completely. When you read a quote that speaks to your soul, you can feel the quote being stitched to your heart. I was telling one of my friends that I would never be able to get a tattoo of any quote because if I did, I would have to cover my whole body in quotes.

I think that quotes have the power to say what you can't or don't know how to say. They can also be exactly what you needed to read or hear because of what you're going through in life. A quote that is popular right now is "Have a happy new year." This quote always confuses me because every year starts with people trying to be different and change the way they are even though we all know that those resolutions only last until about March.

As these next few awkward days pass by, we will begin to think of ways that this year can be different and the things we should go into next year with. You shouldn't go into the new year with grudges or regrets or anything of that sort. You should go into the new year with thoughts of hope and openness to new ideas and events. A quote that should be remembered as we make this jump to 2018 is "Those who leave everything in God's hands will eventually see God's hands in everything"(Karen Melton). If we give everything up to God and give him complete control over our lives, we won't have to worry about anything because we'll know that if something is going to happen it will.

Another one that should always be remembered by all women and girls is "She wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell" (Nikita Gill). This quote is important to hear because it shows how perfect women are and how we are all powerful and beautiful, that we can do anything that anyone else can do. It also talks about all of the different things that women are made up of. We are more than just the clothes we wear or the makeup we put on.

As a believer of Christ, a quote that is very important to me as I start the new year is "You don't understand what I'm doing now, but someday you will" - John 13:7. This means that as we start the new year single or broke or alone or unhappy, we may be thinking that our life will change and that we will be stuck like this forever. That thinking is false, just like the verse says, because we don't know the plan that God has for us, but one day everything will make sense, even if we don't understand it just quite yet.

As you start the new year, you may be dreaming of an adventure that you are going on in the future or in the next year. There is a quote that shows the need for an adventure. "Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleans the bitter taste of life from your soul." I can justify this quote because anytime that I feel overwhelmed in college, I go for a drive or a walk even though I should probably be studying. And I feel so much better.

I know that I am not the only college student starting back school single and as school starts again, I know that I will begin to see many "friends" turn into couples. If you are single like me and think you will be forever, an important quote to read is "Never chase love, affection, or attention. If it isn't given freely by another person, it isn't worth having." I know that it will still be cold and gross-mushy couples like to huddle together as they're walking to class and you will have to hold in your vomit, but if I can do it then so can you.

I'm sure that there are many more quotes that everyone needs to read and it's okay to never read all of them. It's good to have a quote that you look at every day to keep you going and to give you strength to perform your daily duties. Quotes and words are the most powerful things you can give to someone. So as you speak to people and/or text them, remember that what you say could be their quote that helps them.