Sometimes quotes can be just the thing to change the way you look at things. Here are 8 that may do just that:

1. “The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.” – Alan W. Watts

2. “I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. “Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today. It's been that way all this year. It's been that way so many times.” - Ernest Hemingway

4. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” - Jack Kerouac

5. “Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” - J.D. Salinger

6. “I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” - Lewis Carroll

7. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” - JRR Tolkien

8. “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” - Mary Shelley