quotes-you-should-read
Health Wellness

20 Quotes That Mean A Lot To Me

Keep going through every day with a smile on your face.

2516
20 Quotes That Mean A Lot To Me
https://www.amazon.com/Roylco-R49621-Laminated-Speech-Bubbles/dp/B007YOCB4I

My 1,000 pins on my quote board for Pinterest are not something that I just collect for fun. I find them very relatable and often refer to them in times of need.

It really is something that is meaningful to me, and I want to take this time to share some of my favorite ones with you!

1. I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.

This holds value for me because I have moved around to different places several times. I no longer have a direct relationship with people I once saw every day. However, I am still close to several friends that live in other areas.

I think trust and communication are extremely vital in keeping up with these relationships. Let people know that you would like to stay in touch with them!

2. You can't pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.

This is beneficial. For me, it is usually easier said than done these days but I am doing my best to put my wants and needs first then find those who can compromise with them.

Adjustments can be made accordingly, but remember to focus on what is best for you. After all, this is your life!

3. You are the sky. Everything else-- it's just the weather.

This is a reminder to focus on the big picture.

Little mishaps and mistakes will occur frequently sometimes, but it does not take away from who you are inside. Even when it does not seem like it, most things are really not that bad. There is also usually a solution to a problem.

Keep it all in perspective.

4. I give credit when it's due, but I won't applaud a fish for swimming.

By far, this is one of my favorite quotes in the world! I love it.

I have dealt with this topic quite often in college, especially in academic and career pursuits.

The main thing here is to go above and beyond. Take the long road; it is more rewarding and it helps you stand out.

5. If you see beauty in something, don't wait for others to agree.

Hold your own opinion to a high value. People will not agree with you all the time, and I think that is a gift.

Celebrate that you can meet people with different opinions to you. Be proud of yourself for seeing beauty in something when others cannot see it.

6. It's so empowering to say "this isn't serving me" and walk away in peace.

Learn to walk away from things that do not feel right anymore.

It is hard, but worth it. Do not waste sacred time.

7. It's okay. Even the sky cries sometimes.

We all have bad days. Not everything is full of sunshine but you should embrace that.

People say you learn more from failure than success, and I believe that you learn more from being sad than happy.

If you're sad, spend time figuring out why and try to figure out ways to fix it.

8. Your future self is watching you right now through memories.

In 5 years, you are going to occasionally reflect on your past.

Is what you are doing today something that will make you proud in the future?

Strive for happiness, so your future self will thank you.

9. Her vibe was completely her own. She reminded me of no one.

This is one of my more recent additions to my Pinterest board and I think it's the best.

This is another one that I personally struggle with because I try to adapt traits from people I truly admire and respect in life. But, it is just pointless because everyone has their own talents to bring to the table.

Do not steal, and bring your own gifts! Be your own person.

10. When you have an open mind, you have the best views.

People obviously have different actions and intentions from one another.

We only see things through our own eyes.

Remember to accept that you will never truly know why someone does something and that it is not your place to question the decisions of others.

11. You are so used to your features. You don't know how beautiful you look to a stranger.

Like I just said, we only see things through our own eyes so we have no way of knowing what we look like to someone else.

My brown eyes may be the most common eye type in the world, but I have begun to discover that I adore the way they reflect in sunlight.

12. I really, really think the secret to being loved is to love. And the secret to being interesting is to be interested. And the secret to having a friend is being a friend.

You get what you give, folks.

"Treat people the way you want to be treated", we hear it all the time. That must mean something.

13. Souls tend to go back to those who feel like home.

This quote reminds me of Maya Angelou's quote, but I wanted to switch it up today.

People like being around those who make them comfortable which makes sense to me. Keep a mental list of who these people are for you, and try to be that person for them as well.

Just remember to be realistic about it because there is no reason to chase people around forever.

14. We believed in our idea -- a family park where parents and children could have fun together.

This is not exactly a quote, but it is on my board. Walt Disney said this when referring to his iconic creation of Disney World.

People said it would not really work but look at it now.

Follow the Walt method. Believe in your ideas. Do not back down just because someone does not like it. Pursue it!

15. What is meant for you will not miss you.

The universe is doing what is best for you.

Things have their way of working out.

When something goes awry, know that something better will come soon.

16. The Sun never says to the Earth, "you owe me."

Don't expect things in return for your good deeds. Be a kind person and find the joy in that.

Don't expect things all the time. It will probably not happen that way!

17. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art isn't supposed to look nice. It's supposed to make you feel something.

Beauty comes from within and others will seek that part of you.

It is comforting to look presentable, but give equal attention to your inner beauty.

18. Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more.

Embrace the minutes of each day.

Who knows what you miss when you are sleeping in your bed!

19. Instead of withholding love to change somebody, I poured it on, lavishly.

Do all things with love. Keep your feelings in mind, but there is no need to use them against other people.

Love is so powerful when it is used in the right ways.

20. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Nobody's ever really gone. The legacy of your life will be passed down to the future generations if it is lived wisely.

Live a life that you will want others to remember.

Thank you for taking the time to read these quotes.

Feel free to share the ones you like and check out my Pinterest board for plenty more.