Should I Quit Tinder?

Reasons to Delete Your Tinder Account Immediately!

Why we should all get a life and delete Tinder for good.

16

Tinder works on a premise that it will help you find the love of your life. But do you really believe that? Do you think that some kind of app can be a facilitator in the cosmic universe in bringing two souls who are meant for each other together? It does sound far-fetched when I say it like that, does it?

I recently gave up Tinder and think that it is a wonderful move. One of the reasons for doing so is that Tinder is not what it sells itself to be. From an app that is supposed to bring two people together and help them fall in love, it has become a mere hook up site. The people who are on Tinder are not there to find love, but to find a one-night stand.

You can say that people are the one to blame, but I think that everyone is to blame. So the best way of dealing with the matter is quitting cold turkey. I found it really refreshing and giving up on Tinder is the best thing that I have done.

I encourage you to do the same and if you don't believe me at first here are some reasons that might change your opinion and convince you to do so.

It's All About Cheap Validation!

If you stop and think for a second, Tinder is nothing more than getting cheap validation from other people. A lot of people who are there just want to get attention and get validation that they are hot. I am not biased here, it goes both for men and women. We are all the same when it comes to the need of being viewed positively by others.

The result is that we have a lot of insecure people on Tinder who are just looking for somebody to tell them that they look pretty. Of course, getting laid afterward doesn't hurt as well. But if you don't get the response that you want you to end up getting hurt and sad.

I assure you that quitting Tinder will make you more confident and much happier about yourself. You will stop thinking constantly about your appearance and the way you present yourself to other people.

There are a Lot of Creeps Out There!

I have to say that this one is directed mostly at guys. A lot of girls on Tinder are suffering abuse because of turning down some guys. There are a lot of weirdos out there and most of them do not like getting rejected. Once they are turned down by a girl, they have a tendency to get violent.

Luckily both sides are sitting safely protected by their screen so the only way for these individuals to act out is to hurl as many abusive messages to the one that rejected them. No one deserves to suffer this type of abuse and most people should learn to take NO for an answer.

This thing would never happen in the real world as most of these kinds of people are only encouraged to do this because they are protected by the security of the app and are sitting comfortably in their homes.

It Makes you Shallow!

Whatever you may think about yourself, you should know that using Tinder makes you a shallow person. I am sorry, but it is simply true. Finding a date on Tinder is like shopping in a meat market. You are looking through a jumble of pictures and determining who you are going to choose based only on appearance. If this isn't meat market behavior, I don't know what it is.

The romance is completely gone. You don't really get to know a person only by looking at a picture, which in most cases is not even a true depiction of that person. You may even miss out on the real love of your life only because you didn't like their picture and went for a hotter babe instead.

It Makes Dating Awkward

Even though everyone is already dating online, Tinder makes real live dating a bit awkward. Most people get too loose when they are chatting with somebody online and even develop a different kind of persona. Which is completely different from the one you get to see when you meet that person for real.

In this case, I feel that a little bit of old fashion dating does not hurt. For instance, the app does not allow you to go to a flower shop and spend hours on end picking flowers for the person you like. The excitement of courting someone in an old-fashioned way is completely gone and the app does not allow you to get that feeling.

It Encourages Cheating!

Do not be so gullible to think that all people on Tinder are not in a relationship. There is a great possibility that while sifting through the array of pictures you end up finding somebody you know is in a committed relationship.

So, Tinder is in a way there to help cheaters find their prey faster and easier. Thus, you cannot trust anybody there and you can't hope to find somebody that you can really love.

You Become Less Optimistic

Tinder will eventually make you lose confidence. There are going to be a lot of cases where there are not acceptable matches in the area for you. On top of it all, you also may get rejected by some people. This will only make you feel worse about yourself and lead you to depression.

Just delete the app and you will feel much better about yourself. If you don't have somebody who is constantly judging you on the phone you will not be able to constantly think about it. Most of all, you will gain your confidence back as there is a much bigger chance that you end up meeting somebody in a natural way.

It is Addictive

Finally, this is probably the most dangerous aspect of Tinder. It is highly addictive and you can't deny it! Like many social media sites, this one too has a very addictive nature to it. Not only are you end up losing a lot of your time on something but you end up using it on something that is not healthy.

One could make a lot of arguments that dating too much is not unhealthy, but if you are doing it this way it certainly can be. Tinder gives us a very natural way of doing these things and will result in haring an individual's mental health.

These are my thoughts about the matter and I do hope that people listen to my advice and start getting off Tinder. If you find yourself in some of the given examples, you probably already know what you need to do.