With finals week approaching, if you're anything like me, you're already stressed about how you're going to be stressed out that week. There isn't always time to take a break and watch a movie or take a bubble bath to relax, so here are a few quick and easy things you can do to relieve some tension so you can stay calm and level-headed so you can ace those finals!

1. Release the stress you didn't know you were physically holding onto.

Release your shoulders from your ears and unclench your jaw. Take your tongue away from the roof of your mouth and soften your face. Physically release the stress you didn't even know you were holding on to.

2. Invest in an essential oil diffuser.

My essential oil diffuser is SO calming. I got it for super cheap on Amazon, and, honestly, it calms me down so much and makes me feel so at peace. My go-to stress relief essential oil is lavender, but some other great ones are rose, lemon, chamomile, etc. If you're consistently stressed, it definitely could be something that could help you!

3. Call your favorite person.

Maybe it is a parent, a grandparent, a friend you don't see a lot... Just call and check in. Usually speaking to someone you care about and miss can lift you up and be just what you need to let go some worries about school.

4. Take a deep breath from your lungs.

Normally, people breathe from their upper chest. Your lungs go deep down into your torso. Take advantage of that! Take a deep breath and fill your lungs with air. I know "take a deep breath" is so cliche, but if you breathe deeply, it really helps. Deep breaths are so under appreciated.

5. Have a cup of soothing tea with honey.

For some reason, drinking fancy tea always makes me feel like I have my life together. Chamomile tea with honey is a great way to de-stress. I have no idea how it works, but it does. It never fails to soothe me! There are other great kinds of stress relief tea as well, like honey lavender, spearmint, and more.

6. Softly play calming music in the background.

I always look up yoga playlists on youtube or Soundcloud. Or, sometimes, I play piano music in the background. It isn't loud enough that it distracts me, but it is loud enough for me to hear and calm me down.

7. Do a quick stress-relief yoga routine.

The great thing about YouTube is having thousands of yoga instructors a click away. If you're really stressed, you can always search up a quick stress relief routine to release some tension. Yoga is a great way to destress if you've never tried it!

I wanted to personally wish you the best of luck on your finals! You can do it! Don't stress yourself out too much. College is tough, but you're tougher! I hope these little tips and tricks help! xoxo