Quick Guide for WCAG 2.1
News

Quick Guide for WCAG 2.1

Guide

24
Quick Guide for WCAG 2.1

The goal of the development of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as a Cloud Service was to maximise compliance with web content accessibility standards.

WCAG 2.1 is a collection of independent technological standards and success criteria that aim to improve the usability and accessibility of web content for individuals with impairments.

In order to make sure that the resources they create are sufficiently accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of any disabilities they may have for example, visual or hearing issues, learning difficulties, age-related limitations, among others they offer advice to authors, designers, and web content developers.

People who are blind or partially sighted substantially benefit from using the altattribute in HTML to describe a picture (or any other non-text content). The textual description of the alt attribute may be delivered to electronic refreshable braille displays or rendered as speech output.

Additionally, WCAG audit 2.1 may offer advantages to additional individuals, such as those who might be classified as status impaired. People who might encounter difficulties resembling those faced by people with impairments due to factors like browsing surroundings, network connection speed, or browsing technology.

Web content creators or website owners can produce web content that satisfies the pertinent WCAG 2.1 Level A and Level AA success criteria by using Adobe Experience Manager.

In order to grasp web accessibility and how the standards might aid in the creation of accessible web content, it is crucial to comprehend the objectives of WCAG 2.1 as well as the structure of the rules.

The purpose of WCAG 2.1 is to offer recommendations that:

They are technology-neutral, which means that they can be used as standards for a variety of web content formats other than just HTML. So, PDF, Flash, javascript, and other current and emerging web technologies may all be covered by WCAG 2.1.

Each guideline is created to be objectively examined so that it can be determined whether a group of accessibility specialists would generally agree that it has been satisfied. One of the issues with accessibility standards is that while some may be tested in a technical sense, others need human judgement to evaluate whether they have been properly met.

Support Contextual and Prioritized Implementation: The WCAG 2.1 recommendations are ranked according to the probable impact that not adhering to a recommendation might have on a specific set of users with disabilities. Because of this, authors can decide for themselves which rules are most crucial in a given circumstance.

The idea of facilitated accessibility is also introduced. This enables authors to choose the optimal way to employ web technologies that might not fully support accessibility or that could require users to have assistive technologies and/or particular browsers in order to take advantage of accessibility features.

New Features in WCAG 2.1

The recommendations detail the changes made in WCAG 2.1:

• Understanding the differences between WCAG 2.0 and WCAG 2.1 is made easier by reading What's New in WCAG testing.
  • Their relationship status is made clear in the WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 section.
  • Techniques for WCAG 2.1 The Techniques for WCAG 2.1 page lists many WCAG 2.1 techniques.

According to the hierarchy of the WCAG 2.1, techniques are at the level below success criteria. The WAI views them as informational rather than prescriptive. That is, a resource can comply with WCAG 2.1 without having to use a particular approach.

Techniques frequently pertain to a certain technology, type of material (such as HTML or video), or circumstance because they are considerably more precise than success criteria (eg e-commerce or e-learning application). The strategies are important for authors and developers working in certain circumstances since they are examples of how specific standards and success criteria can be satisfied.

Techniques available include:

By collecting (techniques may be all-encompassing or unique to a particular technology or format, such HTML, CSS, or client-side scripts), or Based on relevant success factors. The methods can be used for several success criteria.

Every technique is identified by a special number that pertains to your collection. For instance, the ARIA2 Technique is one of the ARIA techniques: The ARIA Required Property can be used to identify Required Fields.

How to meet WCAG 2.1 requirements

On the How to Comply with WCAG 2.1 page, you may find the "How to Comply" part. In this section, the WCAG is presented in a different way to give readers the option of tailoring the document's content to their individual needs.

By selecting particular web content technologies, such as cascading style sheets or scripts, or by specifying a specific priority level, readers can restrict the success criterion techniques they want to apply to the view.