We've all been there: You're on a date (whether it's the second, third, or tenth) and the conversations just aren't getting deeper.
Of course, while the "where are you from?" and "what do you like to do in your free time?" questions are important to ask on a first date, they can only go so far if you're looking for something serious.
So, I asked Dr. Viviana Coles — president and lead psychotherapist at Houston Relationship Therapy, president and lead instructor at the Texas Sex Therapy Institute, and expert on Lifetime's "Married at First Sight" — the most important questions to ask someone in order to truly get to know them.
Here are the 11 Qs she suggests asking to dig a little deeper.
1. What motivates you in life?
2. What is your definition of success?
3. Do you live to work or work to live? Why?
4. Whose relationship do you admire and why?
5. What is your definition of intimacy?
6. Have you ever loved before?
7. How important is love to you?
8. Who are your role models?
9. How have you worked through any past traumas?
10. How do you face challenges and adversity?
11. What is your relationship like with your family?
Follow Swoon on Instagram.