Questions to ask a new friend
Social Life

35 Questions That Immediately Tell You What Kind Of Person A Person Really Is

"How was your day?" just really isn't cutting it anymore.

628
best girl friends laughing at joke

Summer brings a change of scenery for all of us, whether it is returning home, moving somewhere for a job or internship, or just the visible changes around us as the weather perks up. It's a time to reconnect with old friends, and maybe even meet some new people. But it can be hard to connect with people. Especially people you haven't seen for an extended period of time, or new coworkers, friends, or love interests.

One of the biggest struggles of this generation is to actually connect with people; these questions will help you do that instead of the typical "How was your day?"

1. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

2. What is your favorite movie of all time?

3. Are you religious? If so, what religion and why?

4. Where do you let your creativity shine through?

5. Where is your ideal place to live?

6. What is the one thing you cannot live without?

7. Where is your favorite place you have ever traveled?

8. What makes you the angriest about our country?

9. Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?

10. Do you believe in true love?

11. If you could know the time, date, and circumstances of your death, would you want to know?

12. What's something you are so good at that you're embarrassed of?

13. What was your dream job when you were five? Ten? A senior in high school?

14. Are you closer to your mom or dad, and why?

15. What is your favorite meal?

16. What is your favorite dessert?

17. What is your favorite thing to watch on Netflix?

18. Do you have a tattoo? If so, how many? What do they mean to you? Do you want to get more?

19. What are you most insecure about?

20. What is your favorite physical feature about yourself? Emotional?

21. What does your dream day look like?

22. What's on your bucket list? Of that, what do you absolutely HAVE to do before you die?

23. Have you ever been cheated on? Have you ever cheated on someone?

24. Tell me about your most awkward date.

25. What is your biggest fear?

26. What is your sexual orientation?

27. What is your favorite social media to use?

28. How do you feel about the Kardashians?

29. What is your bad habit when you drink?

30. What was the last book that you read?

31. What is the nicest thing someone has done for you?

32. What was your favorite childhood memory?

33. What is your earliest memory in life?

34. What makes you feel most empowered?

35. If you could spend a day in someone else's shoes who would it be? Why?

36. Where is your happy place?

My favorite part of getting to know people is always asking the thought-provoking questions, especially the ones that they might have never been directly asked or thought about. It can be so hard to form meaningful connections in today's day and age, which is why probing deeper into people's lives is so necessary.

Busting conversational norms, such as divulging from generic conversation starters (that become enders, honestly), may seem risky, but in order to form meaningful connections, it is necessary.