One of my favorite things in the world to do is ask questions. While some may say that I've gotten this from my dad, I think I've grown to appreciate asking questions as an art of getting to know someone. I find it to be fascinating that when it comes to questions about life, the universe, and everything else, not one person will answer the same. Similar to our fingerprints, I feel that the way in which our minds operate and process the world is unique to each individual. I'm also a huge fan of open-mindedness and critical thinking, both of which are impossible to do without asking questions.

This is probably just a "me" thing, but I have a running list of questions on my phone that I reference when I want to ask people questions to get to know them better. Honestly, I'll just even ask myself these questions when I'm bored (especially on car rides... I tend to love an existential and philosophical car ride). I wrote an article similar to this before, and I've had many people tell me that they've wanted to see some more questions like that, so here we are! You can read my previous article here once you're done reading this one if you like!

Hope you enjoy my list of 19 thought-provoking and existential questions (along with my answers)!

1. Do you remember what happened the last time you laughed the hardest?

It was actually about one or two weeks ago with my friend Haley (shout out to my better half!), who is also an RA (resident advisor) in the same hall as me. We were sitting in the back room behind the front desk playing "Sims 4," as one does when they procrastinate, and we were singing "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perry. However, replaced the majority of the words with "yeet." For example:

Who do you think you are? Running round yeeting scars, Yeeting your jar of hearts, yeeting love apart. You're gonna yeet a cold, from the yeet inside your soul. So don't yeet back for me, don't yeet back at all.

Yes, this was extremely dumb. But it was dumb-funny in the moment (and we were exhausted from exams, so give us a break lol)!

2. Describe the greatest day of your life. 

I've had so many beautiful days, but I remember one specifically where I was at BigStuf Camps (youth group camp) for the last time, and I was with some of my friends at the concert the night before we were leaving. The band, North Point InsideOut was singing their song "Death Was Arrested." The song is so so so powerful, especially when you hear it live, and I was looking at everyone around me. People who had never raised their hands in praise during a song, closed their eyes and just dwelled in the lord for the very first time, and it was magical to see. I felt like time slowed down around me and everything evil in existence was gone. In that moment, all I could feel was love and its beauty.

Here's the link to the live version of "Death Was Arrested."

3. How have your priorities changed over time?

My priorities have never really been focused on myself. I was always focused on getting others to like me or getting a guy to like me, but now my priorities are learning to like me and love me. Because in the end, what I think of me is what matters the most; I shouldn't let other people determine that.

4. Would you sacrifice your life for a stranger?

100%. I think this mainly stems from my belief of agape love, which is essentially unconditional and selfless love. There is no one that I hate in this world, and there's no one I wouldn't die for. If I chose my own life instead of sacrificing it for theirs, I would be a walking hypocrisy from that day forward.

5. What do you want engraved on your gravestone?

Above all else, she loved with every atom of her being.

6. If you found out you only had one month left to live, what would you do with your time?

One word: travel. More specifically, I want to go to every continent.

7. What is your favorite thing about yourself? 

My empathy. I think it makes me more able to connect with others and help them feel love and understood when they thought that they never would have.

8. What is your love language?

My number one love language is words of affirmation, then physical touch.

(if you don't know what your love language is or want to know more about them, follow this link.)

9. What is something that you love so much that you never get tired of it?

This is a little embarrassing, but the Sims 4. But if I'm being a little more serious, I love just sitting outside and thinking about my surroundings.

10. What's something you think about every single day?

I think about how my actions affect other people and whether I'm spreading love.

11. What happened in the weirdest dream you've ever had?

It was essentially the plot line of Harry Potter, but all the characters were from Shrek (Sorry, J.K Rowling).

12. When you die, what do you want people to remember about you? What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?

I want people to remember that they are loved no matter what they have done. I want people to remember that our days on this planet are limited, so you should make the best of them and be kind.

13. Which is more important: intelligence or wisdom?

14. When was the most humbling experience in your life?

One day while I was in Peru studying abroad, we went to this school to help them put together a library/study area for the students. And when I say area, I mean it was probably the around 8ft x 10ft. These students and teachers did not have much, but they appreciated everything that they did have. They were thankful to even be able to get an education at all, which is something I always take for granted. Since then, I've seen my education as a blessing and opportunity for me to change even the smallest parts of the world, and I will now and forever be thankful to have the opportunities I do.

15. What is the most insensitive thing a person can do in your eyes?

Betray my trust.

16. Do you believe that love is just a feeling?

Love is waaaay more than a feeling to me. I think that it's an action you choose to do each and every day.

17. Do dreams have meaning to them?

I personally believe that they do, and I believe that they reveal details about the subconscious.

18. If someone came up to you with a movie containing everything significant that has happened in your life, would you enjoy what you were watching?

I think that I would more enjoy the ways in which that movie could help me grow right now than the movie itself. That being said, I would still enjoy the movie as it shows how I have grown into the person I am today.

19. If you could describe your definition of the meaning of life in one word, what would that word be? Why?

Grace. Life will always hand you struggle; struggle is inevitable. I believe that how you handle that struggle and how you let it affect you as a person (aka grace) is what gives your life meaning.