The holidays are officially here and I couldn't be more excited! I get to see family, friends and stuff my face with delicious food. Since I am in college, it is also a time for me to fill in my family that I haven't seen in a while in my life. With that comes some good and some completely awkward questions that are unfortunately inevitable. So, I've compiled a list of questions that my friends and I have received when we go home. Hope you can relate!

1. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend yet? Are you STILL single? When are you getting married? 

No, I don't have a boyfriend. Yes, I am STILL single. And I'm only nineteen! I'm not ready for marriage, thank you very much.

2. Did you gain weight eating all that junk food in college? 

What can I say, UCLA feeds us WELL. We are ranked #1 for dining hall food in the country. So yes, I've probably gained weight and I'm not mad about it. Thanks for pointing it out auntie.

3. How’s school going? What are you studying? 

media.giphy.com

Yes, the generic school questions. I can always count on multiple family members asking me these every hour on repeat, even when I've told them ten times before.

4. What are your plans for your career/after college? 

media.giphy.com

*Internal screaming* This question brings me so much stress. If I try to answer this question I know that it will lead down a rabbit hole of inquiries as to how I will reach my goals in life. I don't plan on what I'm eating for breakfast tomorrow let alone my plans for after college. Please, ask me this in a couple of years and MAYBE I'll have a better idea.

5. Oh, so you're not planning on becoming a doctor or a lawyer?

media1.tenor.com

Contrary to the popular opinion, I do not have a desire to become the next family doctor or lawyer. This question always turns into me explaining that there are other notable and noble career paths other than medicine or law.

6. Have you seen any celebrities at school? 

media.giphy.com

Surprisingly, I get this question a lot. I guess going to school in Los Angeles, lots of people think that I am always running into celebrities. I wish this were the case. I've only had a couple of celebrity spotting's and all of them I zoomed in on my snapchat camera to make them seem closer.

In the end, I know that my family and friends ask me these things because they care and I couldn't be more thankful for that. It is so important to cherish time spent with the people you love. I can't wait to go home. Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!