7 Free Ways To Look Banging This Fall If Your Summer Body Flopped Due To Those Quarantine Munchies

The only equation you ever need to remember is H2O = less snacking + great skin.

31
Photo by MARK ADRIANE on Unsplash

So, long story short, I recently lost over 20 pounds. My weight loss journey that began only a few months ago was definitely hard to continue in the midst of a worldwide quarantine, where I spent more days than not just scrolling through my phone while lying in bed eating chips. BUT! Here are 7 tips I used/am using to obtain the body I want before the Autumn leaves begin to fall.

Wear Clothes That Actually Fit

I don't know if it's the lack of fabric or what, but well-fitted, tailored clothes make everyone appear much slimmer and put together. So, don't let that gorgeous fitted skirt or dress in your closet go to waste! Putting those items to use instead of an ill-fitting tee with jeans will instantly give off the appearance that you've dropped a few pounds. Check out the video above to see how to transform a baggy tee into a flattering tank dress!

Drink More Water

I always used to roll my eyes when my mom told me this as a teen - but it really does work! Drinking a glass of water when you are tempted to go back for seconds, or even to eat a decadent snack, truly helps to kick the cravings by making your stomach feel fuller - especially since our bodies often confuse hunger with thirst! Also, drinking more water not only provides you with some major health benefits, your skin is left looking pristine! Water is practically nature's Proactive. So, if you don't try anything else on this list, I would definitely try this tip. After all, who doesn't like a two-for-one deal!

Use Workout Apps

space gray iPhone X Photo by William Hook on Unsplash

College is great, but it doesn't leave you with much money to apply to other wants - like a personal trainer. But, fear not! Apps like Workout For Women allow you to work out all parts of your body for FREE. Downloading the app would allow you access to a bunch of tutorials and vids on how to define your abs and how to get praise-worthy glutes! In this case, Nike said it best, "Just Do It." Download this app ASAP!

Eat Off Smaller Plates

live.staticflickr.com

It's been found that eating off a smaller plate may lead to a slimmer physique. Why? Because a smaller plate requires a smaller portion. A major reason why Americans are at the brink of obesity is due to the overwhelming size of our portions. Reducing the amount you eat leads to reduced caloric intake and a likely decrease in body fat. Polishing off an entire plate of food on a small dish gives you the illusion of eating more than you actually did, and "tricks" you into feeling fuller. So, start eating off your mom's saucers and you'll see the pounds fall off!

Subscribe to Bodybuilding YouTube Channels

Unsplash

So, I'm sure we're all familiar with the "health gurus" on YouTube that eat avocado toast and do yoga daily. BUT, as a taller/thicker girl naturally, avocado toast isn't the most filling and the latter isn't enough physical activity to manage my weight. The typical slice of avocado is full of fat and carbs - two things my diabetic body extremely dislikes!

If you're like me, you might want to check out Bodybuilder Youtuber channels! Weird, I know. But, you don't have to be training for a competition to understand the message of their videos; which is eating and working out to maintain your own personal fitness goals. I don't follow their tips word-for-word (I'm not really trying to get down to less than 10% body fat), but the principles they follow about eating a diet of protein-rich foods and daily working-out can apply to anyone! Also, I find their motivation and dedication to getting/staying fit to be contagious.

You can stroll through a ton of videos on the Muscle and Strength channel found on Youtube to find a bodybuilder with a personal channel whose message is a match for you!

Surround Yourself With Health-Conscious Folks

woman doing exercise routine Photo by Rima Kruciene on Unsplash

Stopping by Starbucks or Panera with your friends is always a great experience - but not ALL the time. And that's exactly what my gal pals and I do. We eat, chat, and laugh. But, I really found that the key to my weight loss was limiting my outings to these fast-food joints with them. Most fast-food franchises have healthier options, but salads with fatty, processed dressings and toppings don't make a healthy body.

This is where you can use social media to your advantage! All over Facebook and Instagram are pages or chats you can join for free to get daily encouragement from like-minded people. I find for my body, health is attributed to an 80/20 diet - meaning the bulk of reaching my body goals comes from eating healthy nearly every day. So, finding ways to stay motivated is important, and limiting your fast-food intake is sometimes key! I'm not saying you have to ditch your friends, but totally ditch the unhealthy food more often than not.

Convince Yourself You Are "That" Girl

smiling woman wearing gray hoodie Photo by Ivana Cajina on Unsplash

As cliche as it sounds, it's very true that feeling your best comes from thinking you are the best version of yourself possible. Confident women (and men!) perceive themselves in a positive light. In order to do your best, you must feel your best. This can come from spending a minute in the mirror each day just hyping yourself up! There's nothing wrong with saying positive self-affirmations daily to boost your confidence. Try this 30-day challenge: 30-Day Personal Growth Challenge

The moment it dawned on me that I was worth the time, energy, and effort it took to reach my goals, my weight loss was much easier!