Week 3 Of Quarantine In The U.S.: Social Media Is Annoying

Quarantine Checkup Week 3: Social Media Is Getting Annoying

An Odyssey panel discussion about all things quarantine.

908

Thanks to coronavirus (COVID-19), most of the United States has gone into its own version of quarantine. While no one loves this new way of life we're adjusting to, it's the necessity that will eventually help us fling open our front doors and frolic freely once again! Premature thinking? Maybe. But while we're in the midst of this quarantine time, we're chatting about the most terrifying, the funniest, and the weirdest thing that quarantine has forced us into recently.

What's the scariest thing you read this week? 

Taylor — Reading about the Bronx Zoo tiger testing positive for coronavirus and hearing it can be transmitted to animals was really just too much for me this week.

Kat — The U.S. surpassing Italy in most confirmed cases of coronavirus. PLEASE STAY HOME PEOPLE!

Michael — Basically any quote from Trump from any of his daily press conferences.

Liv — That there are now over 11k deaths from the coronavirus in the United States. In addition to that, it's really disheartening to constantly read the political drama in all of this when people are losing their husbands, wives, parents, children, etc., and there is so much focus on who to blame for what. It's just a lot of negativity to take in on almost a daily basis

Lil — That people are still going to public parks, hanging out with people they don't live with, and being general morons about this social distancing thing. Those of us who are putting in the work and staying inside deserve better!

What are you doing to lighten the mood of social isolation? 

Taylor — I've been making sure to check in with friends and really talk about how we're feeling. Knowing nobody is going through this alone (even if we are physically social distancing) is really helpful.

Kat — Keeping up with my workout routines.

Michael — I watch this clip from "Avengers: Endgame" a LOT.

Liv — I am trying to stay off of social media when I can to avoid seeing any more bad news or anything that will give me any sort of anxiety about what's going on. I'm also going on a lot of morning jogs with my pup to get my endorphins up to start off the day. Like Elle Woods says, "endorphins make you happy!"

Lil — I follow the Oregon Zoo on Twitter.

What social media outlet are you loving? What are you hating? 

Taylor — I'm newly back on my Pinterest game! Getting lost in beautiful and inspirational photos and creating digital mood boards have been surprisingly relaxing. I'm hating Facebook... I'm trying to avoid upsetting news and that seems to be all anyone I know is sharing.

Kat — Loooooving Tik Tok even though I spend hours on it. I am not loving Facebook right now because of all the fake information that is curating.

Michael — I am loving TikTok. I am hating TikTok.

Liv — Right now Instagram has been the most encouraging and positive place to peacefully scroll when I'm bored, on Twitter it's very hard to avoid hate so it's easier to just not scroll.

Lil — I'm loving Pinterest and Instagram. I am avoiding Twitter (aside from mindlessly speaking into the void) and Facebook because they are bringing too many bad vibes into my life.

What new hobby have you started in quarantine? 

Taylor — This isn't necessarily a new hobby, but I've been working to revive my website/blog! It has been really exciting and I hope to get back to writing more for fun outside of work.

Kat — I started going on daily walks with my mom.

Michael — Does growing grotesque facial hair that my girlfriend can't stand qualify as a hobby?

Liv — I bought a keyboard to teach myself how to play the piano! I have also been doing a lot of journaling, which I used to do but haven't recently, and it helps with the mental sanity.

Lil — My mom got out a puzzle and while I hate it, I've begun to participate.

What has been the best internet dog you've seen this week? 

Taylor — Every single pup on the Boop My Nose Instagram has given me life.

Kat — Huge fan of @pavlovthecorgi, he has the best content.

Michael — This puppy bulldog who wants to work for NASA.

Liv — Besides my own dog, @carlthesammy gives me all of the snuggle vibes.

Lil — Allow me to introduce you to Fozzy, the fluffy Frenchie.

What have you been bingeing this week? 

Taylor — I'm watching "Dawson's Creek" for the first time and I have barely even turned it off to go to sleep.

Kat — "Real Housewives of New York," gotta get my fill of NYC while I am away.

Michael — I just finished "Ozark" season three and it was CRAZY. The whole series is so good. I can't recommend it enough.

Liv — Honestly I haven't started anything fun this week, just rewatching old episodes of my fav shows, but also downloaded Quibi and started watching "Survive" with Sophie Turner. SUCH a good show so far.

SEE ALSO: Everything You Need To Know About Quibi Before Downloading It For Your Quarantine

Lil — My parents are super into "Blue Bloods," so we've taken in a lot of NYPD action. OH, and did you know that "Survivor" is still on TV?

What's the best snack you've had this week? 

Taylor — The most delicious chocolate cake with homemade cream cheese frosting. I don't think I'll ever stop thinking about it.

Kat — Oven-baked s'mores!

Michael — A bagel, with cream cheese, two fried eggs, and sriracha. An absolute weapon no matter what time of day it is.

Liv — I have been obsessed with white cheddar Skinny Pop popcorn and sprinkling some Red Hot buffalo ranch seasoning blend on it, it is hot fire FLAMES.

Lil — Oreos dunked in peanut butter, as Hallie Parker and Annie James taught us.

What's the funniest thing to happen in your own quarantine this week? 

Taylor — Honestly the funniest thing to think about now is the giant cinnamon bun I spent two-and-a-half hours making this weekend only to overbake it. I was so truly devastated at the time, but every time I think about it now I can't help but laugh.

Kat — My corgi loves going in my parents' pool so you can see me at least three or four times a day chasing her through the house with a towel trying to dry her off. My parents find it hilarious.

Michael — I've started to talk like Alexis from "Schitt's Creek" to my girlfriend, because we have been also binging that, and I love her — but my girlfriend hates her. And we've simply just reached that part of quarantine delirium. "I love that. LOVE THAT FOR YOU."

Liv — My boyfriend purchased a hoverboard and we have fallen off of it more times than I can count.

Lil — My mom, sister, and I all did an Instagram Live yoga class the other day. There was not an ounce of zen in that room, but we laughed (and fell) a lot!

Want to be a part of this panel in future weeks? Want to host a panel of your own? Email lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com for more information!

As an Amazon Affiliate partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.