Qualifying for a VA Loan
Friendships

Qualifying for a VA Loan

This article focus on how you can qualify for a VA loan. Texas VA Mortgage Specialist is a firm that offers you VA loans if you have the proper documentation.

17
Qualifying for a VA Loan

One of the major benefits of being a US veteran is that you will be able to enjoy your dream home without paying any down payment. Due to the presence of the VA programme, a US vet can qualify for a loan, the VA loan that would help him in purchasing a home, which would be guaranteed by the Veterans Affairs Department of the US. The prime benefit of the VA loan is that it offers a complete financing support to the eligible and vets and the loan programme also includes the vets' spouses if they are eligible too. Moreover, if one avails the VA loan facility then he/she would be able to enjoy lowest interest rates as well.

You may wonder about how to get qualified for a VA loan. Read on this article to know more about the ways that you should keep in mind if you are planning to apply for a VA loan.

People who are eligible for the VA loan are the US veterans, reservists, members of the military and National Guards. The spouses of the members of military who dies due to service related issues or have suffered some kind of disability can also apply for a VA home loan. You can also get in touch with a VA lender in order to know more details about the process and eligibility of getting a VA loan.

In order to know if you are eligible for VA, you must belong to one or more of the below mentioned categories.

• You have given a consecutive 90 days or more service during the war. The service provided should be active.
  • You will also have to make sure that you have given a service during the peacetime, which lasted for 180 days.
  • You have served the National Guard of the Reserves for at least six years.

The next thing that you have to worry about in your VA home loan application process is the Certificate of Eligibility. This certificate plays a crucial role in the process of your application. Having this certificate ensures that you have fulfilled the basic eligibility criteria for getting approved for a VA loan. Moreover, it further proves that you are also eligible for a loan that is backed up by VA. In order to get your copy of the Certificate of Eligibility, you can follow three ways:

• Making an application through a lender who is VA approved.
  • Make an application via email with the 26-1880 VA form.
  • Make an application through the eBenefits portal of the VA. This process happens online.

The next thing that comes into consideration is matching the Minimum Property Requirements. These requirements have been set by the Veterans Affairs Department. These basic requirements ensure that the veterans and their family can have a home that is structurally safe and sound to live in. The process is taken care of by an independent appraiser of VA, who holds the ability to point out any defect of the house you have chosen to buy.

If you are looking for Houston VA mortgage then you can get in touch with Texas VA Mortgage Specialist. The firm is a specialist in VA mortgage loan and you will be able to get a free quote on your VA mortgage loan free from the company's website. So, wait no more and contact Texas VA Mortgage Specialist today!