From Now On I'm Putting 'Me' First

From Now On I'm Putting 'Me' First

We need to be strong for ourselves and put our needs and happiness before that of others.
402

Rely on yourself. Rely on you when nobody else can. Fend for yourself because at the end of the day, the only person you can guarantee will be there for you is yourself.

People come and go. Support comes and goes. One minute you are being treated like a queen by those around you and the next minute your relevance in their eyes diminishes for one reason or another, maybe even no reason at all.

We have zero control over keeping people we love around. No matter how invested we are in our friendships and relationships, things can crumble in an instant and there is nothing we can do about it.

The first step is to accept the idea that people are going to, and will always, flow freely in and out of our lives. Whether we like it or not, this is part of life.

We are so guilty of following those who leave and make any and all attempts to pull them back in. This is so unhealthy, yet we do it so often.

It is simply unnatural to force someone to stay in our lives especially if they have no desire to stay in the first place. Why must we be so selfish? If people want to go, we need to let them go!

Think about it...have you ever been genuinely excited about doing something somebody had to, time and time again, bug you to do?

The more persistent people are, the further you distance yourself from them, and the less likely it is that you are going to want to do what they are asking you to do. Moral of the story is to let people live!

I am guilty of not letting people live. In doing so I am not allowing myself to live either. So from now on I’m putting me first. It is a much simpler way to live.

I have experimented here and there with living for myself and in these moments I find myself happier than I have ever been in my life! Focusing on myself is the best decision I could ever make for myself.

It is something you must commit to. You cannot half live for yourself, it is an all or nothing situation. After you decide to make the switch, you will be so thankful you did so.

Living for yourself allows you to relax! The ball is on your side of the court, you do not have to worry about pleasing other people. Constantly walking on eggshells in order to ensure another person’s happiness is exhausting, and sometimes even the most careful hand does not do the trick.

You must realize, no matter how hard you try, it may never be enough for somebody.

That being said, we should not treat others less than they deserve. We must balance having a good heart and being kind to others with watching out for ourselves at the same time.

At the end of the day we need to remember our value as individuals and recognize our worth. The second we forget our worth, we enter a vicious cycle of placing others’ needs and happiness before our own. It is crucial for us to end this toxic cycle.

Let’s stop stressing over things that are out of our control and focus on bettering ourselves.

Just think, putting yourself first cannot harm you in any way! Re-adjusting the focus on yourself will only push you to grow more and more each day.

Focusing the lens on what really matters is what will lead to your overall betterment, so make the change today and start focusing on you!