Juuls. The new cigarette. The new vape. If you are out of college you are probably asking yourself what is a "Juul"? Well, its pretty much an e-cig podlike vape that many college and high school students have. Why exactly? To look cool? To get a high? If you actually understand what this Juul is maybe you will rethink having one.

They are not "not bad" for you.

Juuls were first made to help smokers. They were supposed to be a smoking-cessation aid. Personally, most people I know who have Juuls were not smokers in the first place. So, why do you have one?

Many people say they are better for you than cigarettes. Yes that is true, but they are not healthy for you in any way. In fact, Juul pods deliver nicotine when hit. Nicotine is a highly addictive drug and the nicotine salt found in Juuls is much more addictive than cigarettes so users feel more satisfied. Nicotine unlocks receptors and results in diverse sensations but is very short term, and that is why it is so addictive. In fact, it can be seen just as addictive as heroin and cocaine. Yikes!

The most scary part about the Juul is that scientists and doctors do not yet know the long term affects of the Juul yet. It has only been out for a few years. And, most users are under the age of 21, whose brains aren't even fully developed. Who knows what affect a Juul can have on a fifteen year old brain? (Yes, fifteen year olds have these Juuls).

I think we can agree that in no way are these Juuls good for you. If you are using one to stop smoking cigarettes that is a different story, but if you are a teenager who has never smoked, do not buy a Juul. Please.

They are not cool.

They aren't period. When I ask people why they have Juuls, a common response is "they are cool." Let me respond to that statement, they are not. Boys- Juuling in front of a girl is not cute and girls- juuling in front of a boy is not cute or classy. The last thing I want a boy to do when I am talking to him is blow his smoke in my face. Enough said.

So, if you are thinking about buying one of these Juuls, please rethink your decision. And if you have a Juul, throw it away.