The Pumpkin-Lovers Guide To 2017's Best And Worst Pumpkin Spice Products

The 11 things I tried so you don't have to.
33

If you're like me, September is your favorite month of the year because that means the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks is finally back. I happily ignore all of the comments exclaiming how "basic" I am and manage to take a Snapchat of my PSL. This year, it seems like almost every major brand is trying to hop on the "pumpkin spice train," and I thought I would put my love of pumpkin to good use and try almost everything I can, so you don't have to. I'll rate things on a scale of 1 to 5 pumpkins, five being the best and one being the worst. Just call me you "pumpkin spice fairy godmother."

1. Pumpkin Spice Tazo Chai Tea

I was so excited to try this tea, but I had the hardest time finding it! If you're a chai tea lover then this is for you, but sadly I'm only giving it a 3 out of 5 pumpkins. It tasted just like chai tea, but I didn't pick up any hint of pumpkin. Although it didn't have a pumpkiny flavor, I would definitely buy it again.

2. Pumpkin Spice M&M's

Y'ALL. These little morsels were FANTASTIC. 5 out of 5 pumpkins! The pumpkin spice hits you right in the face as soon as you open the bag and the taste is out of this world.

3. Pumpkin Spice Special K Cereal

I was very excited to try this since I'm a lover of Special K chocolate cereal. However, this was probably the biggest letdown. I'm giving this a 1 out of 5 pumpkins. Unless you happened to get one of the pumpkin spice clusters on your spoon, you didn't get to indulge in any pumpkin spice.

4. Pumpkin Spice Quaker Oatmeal

Y'all, another letdown. I didn't taste any sort of pumpkin spice in this oatmeal. I'm an oatmeal lover, so I was super excited for this but I have to give it 2 out of 5 pumpkins.

5. Pumpkin Spice Oreos

This had to be the BEST ITEM ON THIS LIST. Oreo isn't messing around guys! What I love about these cookies is the fact that they taste more like pumpkin pie rather than pumpkin spice. Rather than getting a mouth full of cinnamon and allspice, you can actually taste the pumpkin. 5 out of 5 pumpkins!!!

6. Archer Farms Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate

You'd think this would be a good combination in an ideal world. However this didn't even smell, let alone taste, like pumpkin spice. To be quite frank, it didn't even taste like chocolate. 0 out of 5 pumpkins.

7. Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

There's a reason Cheerios is the king of all cereal. They can do no wrong. This cereal wasn't super in your face with pumpkin spice, but the taste was definitely there. However, I wouldn't call it subtle.This is a good example of the perfect amount of pumpkin spice. 5 out of 5 pumpkins

8. Pumpkin Spice Chobani Flip Yogurt

I'll be honest, I was dreading this item. Pumpkin yogurt doesn't sound like it would be the best combination. Boy, was I wrong. The flip cup comes with pumpkin yogurt with sugared pecans and sweetened pie crust pieces that can be tossed in with the yogurt and it is SO GOOD. 4 out of 5 pumpkins.

9. Pumpkin Spice CVS Cough Drops

Okay, okay, okay. I know this sounds disgusting, but hear me out! I always have cough drops on me, whether it's in my book bag, my purse, or my car. I just love cough drops. So you know when I hear about these I bought about a million bags. Honestly, they aren't bad! Yes, they taste like cough drops so that they have menthol flavor but they're my new favorite. They taste like if big red came out with a cough drop. They have a lot of cinnamon flavor, but almost no pumpkin flavor. 3 out of 5 pumpkins.

10. Pumpkin Spice Wheaties

This has to be my favorite cereal right now. I think Wheaties came out on top and even trumped Cheerios! The cereal itself is orange and the taste is to die for. It's not too much, but it is definitely noticeable. 5 out of 5 pumpkins.

11. Pumpkin Spice International Delight Coffee Creamer

It's like having Starbucks in your kitchen making your own PSL. Do I need to say anymore? 5 out of 5 pumpkins.

* * *

I know there are many more pumpkin spice flavored products on the shelves of Target, but these were the ones that stuck out to me that I knew I would enjoy. If you're anything like me, you probably wish pumpkin spice would stick around year round! However, the sad reality is that it can't, so we might as well try to stock up as much as we can! #PSL FOREVER!