A PSA For All The Many Bad Drivers In The World

Dear every driver out there,

I get that we all have somewhere to go when on the road. It may be a daily run to Starbucks for your Frappuccino. Or it can you be that you have 10 minutes to get somewhere that is thirty minutes away because you slept through your alarms. I get that you may be in a rush but does that make your terrible driving understanding.

(The answer is "no," if your wondering.)

Do be a better driver lets start with the basic which is the blinker which is equipped in every car. It is used to signal that your making a left or right turn so the drivers around you can be aware of what you are doing. If your blinkers are out, then use the hand signals that you have seen bicyclist use to show what they are doing. If you don't know what they are google them or refer back to the driver manual you used in High School.

Also, let's not be obnoxious with the honking. We get it you have a big truck and want us all to know by laying on your horn but it is not needed. If you want us to appreciate it go park in a busy lot so all those passing can enjoy. But we do not need the laying of the horn to look at it. Also if the light just turned green don't go straight to the horn to get the car in front of you to move. That three-second wait when the light turns green can save a person life if someone decides to run the red.

Finally, let's stop with all the lane changes. Just because one lane is shorter than the other doesn't mean that it is faster. It could possibly be a lane that ends so that why it shorter and you will just end up being a couple cars ahead. And the switching of lanes will just slow traffic down because someone will have to stop short so they won't hit you when you decide on a whim that you needs to be in that lane. Also, that lane change could have led to a fender bender for a different set of cars.

So be smart and drive like you have hundreds of years of experiences.

Sincerely,

One of many annoyed drivers