PSA: Don't Start A New Netflix Series In The Middle Of A Semester

As told by Grey's Anatomy

9

Last spring semester, I saw so much hype on social media about the new "Grey’s Anatomy: episode that recently aired. People were going crazy over this show that I knew nothing about. All of the teachers at the school I was working at came in on Friday mornings discussing last night's drama-filled episode of Grey's. I felt very left out since I have never seen the show, and since everyone raved about it, I decided that I must watch it. To be honest, “McDreamy” and “McSteamy” seemed like characters I would really enjoy (for obvious reasons). I decided to venture onto Netflix one day. Even though I had 18 credits on my plate, I proceeded to click on "Grey’s Anatomy" Season 1, Episode 1. It was the worst and best decision I have ever made. I instantly fell in love with my new show, but quickly fell behind in my classes. The worst part of it all: finals week was quickly approaching. If you decide to "Netflix and Chill" in the middle of a semester, be prepared for the (dangerous) side effects.

You begin to feel guilty for wasting a beautiful spring day by binge-watching Netflix.

Then you realize you are not wasting time, you are simply enjoying life.

Class? What’ class?

You turn down a night out with friends to stay in and watch Netflix.

No one understands why you keep canceling plans.

You refuse to leave your dorm room.

Not even for food.

That is what delivery is for.

You forget to shower.

Your roommate starts to worry about you.

But then she joins you and becomes just as obsessed as you are.

You lie to your mom when she asks how your classes are going.

You keep comparing your relationship to Derek and Meredith's relationship.

Your boyfriend is not amused.

You get severely depressed when one of your favorite characters die.

You died a little bit too.

You realize finals are in a week and you know nothing.

But it's OK, you are switching your major to nursing anyway.

On the other hand, maybe not. Nursing majors can't "Netflix and Chill" all day.

If you are considering staring a new Netflix series, I suggest waiting until break to do so. Not only did my grades go down, but so did my social life. "Grey's Anatomy" completely took over my life. However, somehow I don't regret any of it. At least now I can save lives because Grey's has taught me so much about medicine and diseases. However, maybe I should leave that up to the professionals.