Proved them all wrong

We Were Told We Would Never Make It, But We Proved Them All Wrong

Karma catches up to those who deserve it, whether it be good or bad.

214
Savanna Stevie

Back in high school, I was the girl you could always catch at a party. FOMO (fear of missing out) applied to me heavily. I hated missing parties, sporting events, sleepovers, you name it. I always needed to be doing something. I couldn't sit still.

High school was the beginning of drinking for most people. Not everyone drank in high school, but the group of friends I had definitely did. It was pretty new to us so when we drank, we went out with a bang. This didn't slide for some people.

Everyone has their own opinion on how to discipline and raise their kids, but there are some people who believe that it's either their way or the highway.

As seniors in high school, all we wanted to do was have fun. After the school week was over, we would plan out our weekend and always have the time of our lives. We all came from genuine and well-respected families who always made sure we were on the right track with our lives. They trusted us and because they trusted us, they were more lenient on us and our social lives.

The four of us were good kids and also well-respected around our community. Each of us played a sport and were very studious when it came to our academics. We were just average high school students.

With only being in high school, we had to grow up faster than most. There are some people you meet that always have it out for you. It doesn't matter how respected or studious you may be, they will always find something to get you in trouble for, even if it means playing dirty.

I am not going to go into detail about the different events and happenings that took place to the four of us, but let's just say that a lot of people's true colors were shown throughout the whole situation.

Fingers were pointed and "fairness" was thrown out the window of that school. Certain people in charge at the school didn't see us for who we really were and only saw us as irresponsible girls who drank and partied a lot. They believed we were unjust to represent our own school. They didn't care about the other 100 students at the school who drank and partied a lot, they only looked at us.

Disciplining someone and teaching them a valuable lesson is one thing, but targeting certain people just out of dislike for them is uncalled for and downright childish. For the first time in my life, I was more of an adult than a lot of the parents and administration involved.

They tried to break us and tear us down, and at points, they were close to succeeding at that goal of theirs, but we always bounced back. They didn't realize who they were messing with at the moment, but boy, did they figure that out quickly.

A lot of crap was thrown at us and none of it was deserved, but we threw it all back when we graduated from high school with great GPA's and several acceptance letters from major college universities. The best part about all of this is that the four of us are still involved in each other's lives. The "unfit to represent our high school" group of friends is better than ever. Each of us is succeeding in our majors and living our best lives.

There will be certain people who, for maybe no reason whatsoever, will always be on the lookout to take you down. But that's life. That little bump in the road made each of us grow up faster than most people our age and made us more mature, and I am taking that as an advantage.

I have always believed that forgiveness is one of the main keys to living a happy life. So, with that being said, I forgive all those who were involved in this series of events. You may not think that you need any forgiveness, especially not mine, but after all the tears and hard transitions we were put through, I wanted to personally clear the air.

I also want to say thank you for making me into the person I am today. Without all those obstacles, I wouldn't be as strong and independent. You may have thought you breaking us, but it was actually the complete opposite.

One thing is for sure though, and that is karma always catches up to those who deserve it, whether it be good or bad.