Protesting: How To Conquer With Class

Protesting: How To Conquer With Class

If you truly wish to make a difference, do it with style.

17
Protesting: How To Conquer With Class
vo.msecnd.net

Rapidly, society is changing -- we are experiencing drastic social development but with these changing attitudes comes disagreement and conflict. Changes people never thought they would see during their lifetime, and it's all happening right at our fingertips. Our fingertips, this is our generation's opportunity to truly implement social change and make a difference. In fact, we already have when you've taken into account all of the recent social movements that have proven successful over the past few years.

However, as time continues, nothing can remain ideal forever. Life is a constant battle of handling change and facing the upheaval of social righteousness throughout our livelihoods. This world, it is the world we have to spend our lifetime in; therefore, we should agree with the morals and values our society strives to live by. With this being said, not everyone agrees with what has been occurring within our current social and political realm. I've noticed that people have attempted to make strenuous efforts to implement social change, especially with recent events.

Considering events like Trump's presidency, extensive environmental destruction, and terrorism rising, people are beginning to lash out with the intentions to correct what they've believed has been corrupted. However, current activists have not been able to make significant changes and capture the widespread attention of their audience.

Why? Why is it that these campaigns are proving more and more ineffective in their strides to make both social and political change? There are certain actions from activists that I have observed in which I notice are obvious elements that discourage social interactions and ultimately prevent success.

Therefore, I have noted several suggestions that activists could make in order to better execute their goals and implement social change.

Initially, why is grammar even an issue? Never trust spell or grammar check, it should be an automatic reaction that you check -- emphasis on the YOU. Do you really expect for a political diplomat to take you seriously if you can't even spell correctly or know the proper placement of a comma? Trust me, you have no idea how far a little professionalism can take you.

Additionally, remain informed. Do not simply see some spam article on Facebook about some bizarre destruction or disaster and automatically begin to ensue havoc over social media. This might create a short-lived frenzy, but it does little in respect to long-term change. Often, these stories are quickly debunked, you'll simply look like a fool for not doing proper research. It would prove beneficial to utilize credible sources, conduct instrumental research, and find academic support to stand behind your writings.

It is surprising how much humbleness is necessary. While activism does require a louder voice with outspoken agendas and a fierce stance, there are moments where you must know when to remain silent. There are moments when it is simply appropriate to remain silent and show respect. In those moments, it is when people begin respect to, take you seriously, and attribute value to what you say. From what was once a random tangent on Twitter is now an actual proposal for a bill without your state.

Remember, your goal isn't to reach widespread populism or catch the eye of some random protesters who die out as quickly as the trend -- but rather to make an instrumental difference that will have a positive impact on future generations.

It can be difficult -- you have a voice, sass, and attitude. Sometimes, it is frustrating to have to hold all that back. Don't do it, your voice and passion are make this cause worth fighting for. It is the unique factor that will make a prominent business man halt his busy schedule on a sideway to hear you out. With that sass though, like I said, remain humble, show respect, and approach your audience with appropriate candor.

While making these efforts, you'll improve the shadow you cast to the public and maintain a significant impact in the social realm. Oddly enough, power is knowledge, power is silence, and power is the ability to influence others through noble causes.

Always fight, never settle, and give yourself the best opportunity to succeed.