Parents getting divorced

10 Up sides of Having Divorced Parents

Believe it or not there are some.

40
10 Up sides of Having Divorced Parents

It doesn't matter how old you are, what the circumstances are, or who you surround yourself with; divorce flat out stinks. My parents have now been divorced for about 4 years and I have noticed that there are some positives of having divorced parents.

1. Two holidays

Remember when you were little on Christmas morning and you would unwrap all your presents and then wish you had more? You now have two christmases; that means two trees with presents. You might have thought that you couldn't possibly eat more food during thanksgiving, but just wait until you have two dinners in one day.

2. Decorating your room

When you're little and your parents tell you that you can paint your room, you spend hours trying to decide what color scheme you want to go with. When your parents are divorced you get two bedrooms, so you get to pick two different color chemes.

3. More money

'Full House' GIF

They'll insist on giving you gas money because they feel bad when you have to travel between houses.

4. Become more independant

You may have been independent before, but you will become even more independent.

5. Divorce presents

Whether they know it or not, a lot of parents will offer to get you things after they break the news. Whether it's something crazy like a laptop or simple like an ice cream cone on your way home from school.

6. You get a safe haven

'Who's Line is it Anyway' GIF

When you get into a fight with one of your parents, you can go to your other house to escape them.

7. Become a stronger person

Like I said before, divorce sucks. It's an emotional rollercoaster where one day it's okay, life is great, and the next day you hard core struggle. You get through it though, and in the end you're a stronger person. You learn to appreciate what you have and to love unconditionally.

8. More money from FAFSA

Money taken from

You can get more Financial Aid for college if you are claimed under the parent that makes the least amount of money.

9. You get to welcome new people into your life

You get to welcome new people into your family. Your parents might remarry and you might get new siblings out of it. Even if your parents don't get remarried you get to welcome their significant others into your life.

10. Your parents will be happier

Your parents' happiness is the most important thing. They are getting or have gotten a divorce for a reason. If your parents are happier apart, then you will be happier too.