Working From Home Has Its Pros And Cons, It's Not All Meetings In Cozy PJs

You might be surprised by what you pick.

11

I'm a full-time student with a part-time job but sometimes I start thinking about whether I could or even should consider working from home instead. Many of us complain about the struggles that we face going to the actual place to work. Whether it's too far or it's too early. What would you do? I've asked myself many times whether I want to continue to work at my job or work from my home or phone. Then I wondered if I was the only one who had that question.

Here are some of the pros of working at home.

1. Don't have to go through the traffic jam to go to work.

2. You are safer in your home and you are able to watch your kids. No more paying the babysitter.

3. You can interact and socialize with other people, plus you get "fresh air."

4. You get your own desk, have your own space.

5. Working in a home you can work on your own time and have all the accommodations you need; you can eat when you want, sleep when you want and do what you want without disrupting anybody else.

Cons?

1. You have to deal with your personal life in the same place that you work and that can get difficult at times.

2. Getting distracted easily by kids, electronics, housework, pets, etc.

3. Slacking because you know that you won't have to deal with a boss.

4. You won't be able to focus, knowing there is no one to push you to work.

5. If you have questions or seems to be confused, you won't someone to ask for help.

What about working in an office?

1. Much more productive and less distraction from the family.

2. Be able to share your opinions and ideas with your colleagues.

3. Create a habitat for growth and learning.

4. Offices have more space than in a regular room in a house.

5. Face-to-face interaction does lead to more innovation.

But there are some cons.

1. You can be stuck in traffic on your way to work.

2. Working in an office can add a lot of pressure and make it more difficult to accomplish work efficiently.

3. You're under someone's rules, you have to dress professionally, and your family time could be taken away.

4. You have to work with co-workers that you may not get along with.

5. Fewer hours of sleep, the struggle of waking up early. Or being asked to stay longer.