6 Pros And Cons Of Being A Girl Who Knows Her Sports

It's tough, but it has its perks.
2200

Being a girl and being a sports fan can be fun and exciting, but also a struggle at the same time. Females are always portrayed as the ones who could care less about what's going on in the world with sports, but I'm here to break the stereotype and tell you right now that there are women out there who really do care about watching them. Really, there are! I've been a football and basketball fan for as long as I can remember, so here's some pros and cons that I've faced from being a sports enthusiast:

The cons:

1. People thinking you only like sports to impress guys or because your boyfriend likes them

Uh, no. Absolutely not. Most of the time when I'm watching football Sunday, I'm still in my pajamas with my hair not brushed.

2. When you get asked a sports question by a guy and you don't know, so that automatically makes you not a fan

"If you really like the Milwaukee Bucks, name their best point guard from 1995's favorite fruit."

3. When someone keeps explaining the game to you while you're watching

Seriously, just be quiet! I'm trying to watch the game. I know what goes on. If I have a question, I'll ask. *eye roll*

4. Pink jerseys

You should be proud to wear your team's colors... Just because we're girls doesn't mean everything needs to be pink or have rhinestones.

5. Guys thinking you based your March Madness bracket off of how cute the team's mascots are

Actually, I picked Marshall, a 13 seed, over Wichita State, a 4 seed simply because I believed they could beat them, which they did. Not just because they have an adorable little bison as their mascot.

6. You're girlfriends don't really care

"Why don't you have the Bachelorette on? It's Monday!" Because it's also Monday night football and the Packers are on tonight...

The pros:

1. The hot players

Guys will often say, "are you only watching this game because of the guys?" No... it's just a bonus.

2. You're considered a bro

Most of your guy friends will appreciate you being into sports because it means they get an extra buddy to chill and yell at the TV with during game time.

3. There's always something on TV sports related

Whether it's football, baseball, basketball, soccer, ESPN or a 30 for 30 documentary, there's always something playing.

4. Bar food

One of my favorite ways to spend a day watching sports is at a sports bar filled with other people cheering for your team, good atmosphere and a dozen wings.

5. You can prove guys wrong

"The Packers were the first team to draft Brett Favre." "Actually, it was the Atlanta Falcons..."

6. You can be "unladylike" for a couple of hours

Sometimes we're cussing out the TV or scarfing down some pretzels during a timeout, but during the game, being ladylike is overrated anyways.