How To Properly Take Care Of Your Skin To Make Sure It Looks Great In The Long Run

Taking care of your skin now will not only have your skin looking its best in the long run, but the young and radiant skin you now have will look even better than it already does.

515
YouTube

As most of us know, when we age our skin starts to get dull, less elastic, and begin to wrinkle. Therefore, most of us want to start taking care of our skin as early as possible, in the best way possible, so we can keep it looking great for as long as possible.

Not only will your skin look its best in the long run if you start taking care of it now, but the young and radiant skin you now have will look even better than it does; we only have one face, so take care of it now before it's too late.

The first thing to do, which may seem obvious, is to always wash your face. Personally, I have found that one skin product you don’t have to spend a lot of money on is facewash. Any drugstore product will do, especially if has exfoliating properties.

My favorite face-wash brands are Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, and Cetaphil. Following this step, one should always apply toner. I have found that a lot of toners can be harsh on the skin and dry it out, so instead of a conventional toner, I have started using a product called witch hazel.

Witch hazel has endless benefits; it tones your skins, stops inflammation, and even shrinks your pores. By washing your face regularly and following it with witch hazel can make a huge difference in one's face all by itself.

The second thing and equally important thing is moisturizing. Unlike facewash, investing in a good moisturizer is what can make a difference in what your skin looks like now and what it will look like later on down the road.

You don’t have to spend $100 on moisturizer with diamond and pearl extract, but you will have to pay more than just $6 for a moisturizer from Walmart or CVS.

The one thing that has made all the difference in the world for my skin is my Benefit Cosmetics Total Moisture Facial Cream. While it is $42 for one container, it is potent, and a little goes a long way (and at times you might even find it on sale).

This face cream has lasted me up to 4 months, while the cheap drugstore moisturizer I used to buy maybe lasted a month. I have always tried to find ways to make my skin feel and look soft and smooth, but all along this moisturizer was the key.

Dry skin ages your skin, so Finding an excellent concentrated moisturizer that isn’t watered down (preferably with SPF to protect from any sun damage) is one of the best things one can do for their skin.

Even expensive products can be cheap and watered down sometimes, so make sure you are paying for the quality of the products and not just a name brand. Everyone is different, so don't be scared to try new products to see what works for you (Ulta's free samples are your best friend in this case).

Facial serum also goes a long way in skin care. They add extra moisture to one’s skin, and most serums are often anti-aging, which will inevitably slow down the aging process.

Serums can often be expensive, but they’re worth the investment in your skin and overall confidence. There are many different serums on the market, one I have been using recently is a good Vitamin-C Serum.

Vitamin-C is excellent for any skin type. It is anti-aging and prevents wrinkles over time. You can also find great serums at both drug stores and places like Sephora and Ulta. They can start at about $20, but I promise you will feel a difference in your skin immediately.

Finding the right serum all depends on one’s preference, so again don't be scared to try new things to find what works best for you. Serum itself isn’t a necessity per say, but it is worth implementing into your skincare routine for both immediate and long-term results.

The last thing one should always do, but is often looked over is exfoliate. This should be done at least once per week. Facial washes with exfoliating properties are good for getting extra makeup and dirt off of one’s face, but not necessarily for getting all the dead skin off the face and making it smooth to the touch.

An exfoliator should always penetrate all of the dead skin on your face. Not only does dry skin age your face, but leaving dead skin that just sits there will age your face as well.

DIY exfoliators are one of the best ways to exfoliate your face. You can use honey and sugar, coffee grounds and honey, or coconut oil and sugar; the possibilities are endless.

People often forget this step or just won't do it all together, even I get busy and can easily forget to do this. Yet, it is so important when taking care of your skin and making sure that it stays smooth and radiant. It is also essential if you wear makeup and want it to look as smooth as possible.

Finding your best skincare routine and what products work can often depend on things like your lifestyle, skin type, or even just your preference on the way certain products work.

We will all age gracefully one day. We will all get saggy skin and develop wrinkles, but proper skin care is still essential. We can always take steps to ensure our skin will look its best for as long as possible.