8 Proper Nail Care Tips For Long & Beautiful Nails

Keep Your Nails Healthy with these tips

21

Most of us take proper care of our hair, and do it regularly, too, but when it comes to nails, we are not very particular. We do take care of our nails, but not as it should be done. Below are proper nail care tips, which will help nails stay healthy.

1. Nail care products

Most of us do not know that hair, as well as nails, is made of keratin. If hair that is made of keratin needs shampoos, conditioners and other hair care products to be healthy, then you naturally need nail care products that can take care of keratin in nails.

Fortunately, there are many nail care products that really help your nails look and feel healthy, which you can buy and use.

2. Nail moisturizing

All of us know that we need to moisturize the skin to keep them healthy. Similarly, your nail also needs to be moisturized frequently or else the nails can become fragile due to being dry. It is imperative to use the best skin care products, otherwise, it can cause problems to the skin and nails. Do your research, and buy the best nail moisturizing products on the market to keep your nails strong and healthy.

3. About cuticles

Cutting the cuticles is normally done by all of us. Most of us feel that the nail looks bad if the cuticles are not cut. But what we do not know is that the cuticle performs a task, which is to make the nails grow properly.

If you cut the cuticles, the chances of the nails growing differently is always there. Additionally, your nails can also get infected. The risk of infection is quite high when you cut cuticles, so never cut the cuticles.

4. Prevent nails from breaking

While taking care of hair, we make sure that it is not wet for a long time; we use hair dryers or other mechanisms to make sure that the wetness is removed from the hair. We do so because we know that wet hair breaks easily. Similarly, nails can also become delicate and break if we keep the nails in water for a long time.

We never think about it, but our nails remain in the water for a long time every day. (example: while doing dishes, etc.) We dry it, and do not think about it again. Nails are known to absorb water, and this causes it to break. Always wear gloves while washing dishes etc. to protect your nails.

5. Nail biting

A lot of people have the bad habit of chewing their fingernails. Every dermatologist will tell you to give up the habit because it can lead to serious infections.

6. Don't use harmful chemicals.

Nail polish, nail gels, nail polish removing liquids and so on are made up of chemicals. Some chemicals can be really harmful if used frequently, so make it a point to minimize the use of such products.

7. Say no to soaking.

Most nail therapists will ask you to soak the nails in water before they begin the procedure. It is advisable to tell the therapist that you would like the procedure to proceed without the soaking. It is also well known that nail polish will not adhere properly when it is applied on nails that were previously soaked in water.

8. Stick with one brand

Do not change your nail care brands often. Using the same brands, which are beneficial for your nails, is the way to go.