To The Professor That Cared About His Students, Thank You

To The Professor That Cared About Me, Thank You

You were the only professor that has genuinely cared about my well-being.

254

College is not easy, especially when you're an engineering student trying to work as often as you can to make a somewhat steady income, and when you're dealing without outside situations.

College is not easy, and sometimes I feel as though professors forget we are taking more than just their one class.

I've had decent professors, though. Professors that would guide me to help for their course or suggest tips for studying. Throughout my college career, I had yet to have a professor that actually saw what I was capable of and voiced it.

This semester, my organic chemistry professor did just that.

It was my second time taking the course as I got into a car accident last semester that prevented me from taking an exam, and the professor was not too willing to help (see what I mean about not having good professors?).

This semester, I really did struggle. Academically, financially, mentally, physically, everything. That's not an excuse to do poorly in classes though. I should have found more effective ways of studying and prioritized better. Sometimes, things just don't go as planned.

Anyways, this semester, I finally had a really good professor. He saw a success in me that no other professor has. He saw me as a person and not just a student in his class.

This is a thank you to you, professor.

Thank you for being the first professor on this campus to make me feel like I can truly succeed, even if I struggle with a class.

Thank you for seeing me as more than just an organic chemistry student, but an engineer as a whole.

Thank you for seeing how hard I was working and how much extra work I was putting in, despite what might have shown on exams.

I never had a professor see me as a human and say that they have faith in me and want me to succeed. You've helped me more than you could ever imagine.

You were understanding in the fact that you knew students have lives outside of class and have no idea what we may be going through, you even said so yourself, every person is different.

Thanks for seeing the determined me aside from my sub-average performance in your class and knowing that I will succeed despite what a GPA may show.

Thank you.