How To Stay Productive This Summer

The sun is heating up, the drinks are getting colder and the pool is looking more enticing each day, but how do you stay productive even when all you feel like doing is laying out by the pool with a cold lemonade? Here are my top five tips.

Wake up at a reasonable hour

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/360710251386316578/?lp=true

School is out so that means no more 8am classes, but that doesn't mean you should sleep the day away. Sleep later than you would for a school day, but still get up early enough for a nice morning. For me, this is around 9am. A 9am wakeup call allows be to get my well deserved rest, but also gives me time for my morning coffee, skin care routine and some days even a work out.

Get a summer job...that you enjoy!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/283445370278014656/?lp=true

Last summer, I hated my summer job. I dreaded going every day and it made my memories of summer 2018 not the best. Summer 2019, I decided to change that! I have been working at a clothing boutique this summer and it has been so much fun. It motivates me to wake up in the morning and the job feels purposeful.

Start a project

https://www.adweek.com/digital/youtube-vine-pinterest-influencers-talk-shop-at-codemedia-conference/

It has been one of my dreams since I was around 13 years old to become an influencer. I realize that this does not happen over night, so this summer I am going to work on the plans. This includes taking cool photographs, video ideas as well as blog ideas!

Work on your body

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/714876140827691700/?lp=true

Summer is a great time to work on the body you have always wanted. This summer I have made it a goal of mine to get into better shape as well as work on my upper body strength. Working on my body also includes working on my hair. I have fallen into the bad habit of not brushing my hair and throwing it up in a bun (It's bad, I know). This summer I want to work on getting my hair healthy again!

Relax

https://co.pinterest.com/pin/98023729364575413/?lp=true

This may not feel productive, but relaxing this summer is one of the best ways to gear you up for this fall semester. So kick back, relax by the pool and enjoy that lemonade!