11 Productive Things To Do While You’re Stuck In Quarantine

Being quarantined absolutely sucks. Eventually, it gets hard finding things to do to pass the time.

37
Photo by Seven Shooter on Unsplash

I was on a 10 day travel quarantine. Then, a week later I was in another quarantine, but this time, to one room, and I had to keep doing things to stay sane. Here's a few things that I'm doing (and did) that may help you.

1. Binge watch TV shows or have a movie marathon.

This is definitely the thing you may do the most. You're able to catch up on TV shows and movies that you've been putting off watching. Now's your time.

2. Walk around the room.

It may sound boring, but it got me off the bed and my body moving. I started off laying in bed watching TV all day and changing positions to keep my body moving, but that's not enough.

I decided to actually get up, and honestly, I felt pretty productive just to be doing something so simple.

3. Made the bed and cleaned the room.

I don't know about you, but when I don't make my bed, I feel like the room is dirty and just disorganized all together. I decided to make the bed to give the room a fresh comfortable look and picked some things up off the floor and rearranged things.

Even if you're going to end up sitting back on the bed, this can still make you feel better and more organized. A clean room can definitely improve your mood.

4. Do some reading.

Maybe you used to be a reader but haven't read a good book in a long time. (I know I haven't.) I have so many books and brought one to entertain me while I was visiting family.

I didn't think I'd read it much, but when you're quarantined, you're stuck inside anyway so might as well do something you enjoy but don't always have the time to do.

5. Write.

Whether it's in a journal, on a piece of paper, free writing or an article, writing can definitely help you when you're bored and stuck. It's great to write down whatever you're thinking, especially when you're in a stressful situation like quarantine.

It can temporarily relieve stress for you, keeps you occupied and it's something to do.

6. Workout.

I really enjoy working out, and even though I don't have access to a gym right now, and I know many others don't either, you can always workout at home. You can order a set of weights or resistance bands, and if you can't, there's plenty of workouts you can do without equipment! (Search Instagram and YouTube for some ideas.)

It'll keep you active and help you physically and mentally. I always feel great and so accomplished after I've finished a workout.

7. Play video games.

Here's one that I know a lot of people will run to. Video games can definitely make time pass for you. You can play and talk to your friends online, and video games put you into your own little world. When people play video games, some people tend to lose track of time and play for hours.

This is a good way to communicate with friends, have fun, ease boredom and escape reality.

8. Get ready for the day.

One of the easiest things you may not want to do is to get dressed or ready for the day when you're stuck. I mean, what's the point?

The point is that it may make you feel better and prevent you from going into a slump. Even if you just get dressed and lay back on your bed, you accomplished something for yourself.

9. Revisit old hobbies.

As we get older and life gets in the way, it's sad to forget about the things that you used to love doing. Now is definitely the time for you to revisit those hobbies!

One of my old hobbies was drawing. Like most people, I eventually drifted from this hobby I loved and always made excuses. I've been wanting to learn digital drawing ever since I bought an iPad, it's partially what I got it for. Nothing was perfect.

They were mostly scribbles and testing brushes on the Procreate app, but it was nice to create something and remember how much I used to enjoy it. Now is the perfect time for you to do the same.

10. Think of stuff you want to do after quarantine.

Nothing feels better than freedom. As each day passed, that's all I could think of. Think of some things that you'd like to do when you're able to so you give yourself something to look forward to.

11. Practice self care.

You'll have plenty of time to do this while you're quarantined, so you can't use the excuse that you're busy. It's time to focus on yourself and not worry about anything else.