The secret to life is procrastination. Or maybe it isn't.

The One Thing We All Know We Shouldn't Do

So I'm gonna say that one word we all hate: procrastination.

20

As much as we all hate to admit it, procrastinating is something that we all do. Whether we like it or not, I procrastinate, you procrastinate, and the whole world procrastinates. It definitely isn't the best mindset or work ethic for us to have but at this point, it is way too late.

So let me give you a little bit of an idea of how I really, really, really just can't put forth the effort to do what I need to do, ever.

Okay, you guys definitely can't judge me for this because I know for sure you've done it too. Throughout my four years of high school and years at college, I still have, without a doubt, waited until the absolute last minute to do an assignment or study for some exam. That 20-page paper I had to write? Yep, waited until the last day possible and stayed up until 6 AM to write it. That history exam that I needed a 95% on in order to pass the class... you know it! Waited until the very last day to study.

I really don't know what it is. If you were to ask me why I put myself through the stress and the panic attacks rather than doing it during all those moments when I had free time, I literally would just respond with, "I don't know."

There are multiple times where I'll work ahead in a class or do certain things early to make sure that I have enough time to do one specific assignment. Despite this, that never happens. So that online class I finished two weeks early so I could have two weeks to write that 15-page paper? Guess who stayed up the night before it was due attempting to finish it... this gal!

Oh, that check I had to write for rent that's due tomorrow at 9 AM? Hmm, I guess I'll just wake up early, write it, and then turn it in. Looking back, I really could've saved myself the hassle of waking up at 8:30 AM to get that done but... where's the fun in that, huh!

So I got hired at this place two weeks ago and am about to work my first shift this afternoon? Perfect! Let me go and get my required uniform an hour before my shift starts! Hopefully, Target has what I'm looking for, otherwise, I am screwed.

I really hate to admit this, but all of these examples are true stories.

If I had to be honest here, I feel like I continue to procrastinate because I know I can get away with it. I'm good at it, sadly enough. I wait until the last second and I manage to do what I have to do to rally through! Maybe if I failed a procrastinating, I wouldn't procrastinate anymore. But also... Nah. I'm sure even if I procrastinated and utterly sucked, I would still keep doing it. Why? Because I'm lazy!

Let's hope that by the time I graduate college and am in the real world I get past this.