Being Pro-Life Doesn't Exist Anymore

Being Pro-Life Doesn't Exist Anymore

Stop saying you're pro-life if you don't support all walks of life.

195

Okay, hear me out.

I understand that people have the right to follow their own beliefs. We are in a nation that (should) support varying opinions, no matter how different they might be. Whether it be for religious reasons or political stand point, female reproduction rights has always been a major topic.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have come to realize being pro-life doesn't exist anymore here in America. There have been numerous protests claiming "abortion is murder" and many arguing that it is not considering how the baby would feel.

However, pro-life has turned more into pro-womb. Most of the time, people concentrate on the fetus growing inside and making sure the mother delivers the child. That is when it can be decided if the mother no longer wants the baby, but as long as it goes for adoption, not terminated.

Also, hate to break it to you, but saying that you want to keep abortions illegal is only ending safe abortions. You are putting lives at risk, not only the fetus's but the mother's, as they will go to extreme lengths to terminate the unwanted pregnancy.

What happens after the baby is born? Nothing. Many in America do not want government funding for potentially crucial programs that can help sustain life for the child. It becomes solely the mother's responsibility in order to provide food, clothing, and shelter. We still live in a world where the biological mother fills the role of homemaker and to take care of the children.

If she is unable to do that, our society looks down on her and calls her a bad parent.

Raising a child is not easy especially if someone is a single parent. Recently, a video surfaced of a young mother who just started using food stamps. She accidentally picked up the wrong milk at Walmart. When she went and retrieved the right milk, an older woman started making a scene how "she was holding up the whole line," and "you need to learn how to be a good parent. Do better."

And even now, with Trump's "no tolerance" policy still in effect, pro-life is nonexistent. Is it really in the best interest of the child to be taken away from their families and held in cages like animals? Absolutely not.

I understand that, yes, they did come into the country illegally and did break the law, but the United States does not have the right to separate families. Most of the time, people are crossing the border to escape gang violence and try to provide the best life for their children.

There is nothing criminal about that.

Yet, many who are pro-life have not voiced how inhumane this practice is. At least under Obama's "catch and release" policy, families were transported back to the border and kept together.

I am not saying those who lean more pro-life are wrong. It's more of realizing that by claiming you are pro-life, you should be supporting all walks of life, even after birth. It should be about trying to help everyone and anyone to live the best life possible.