When I was younger, much like the other girls my age, I wanted to be a princess. Aspiring princesses lost their chance with Prince William when he married Kate Middleton but did not lose hope as we quickly looked towards his bachelor brother, Prince Harry. But now, he too is taken and will be tieing the knot with Meghan Markle this spring. The pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer and while there are still some prospective princes out there, I can't help but think of all these 'what if' scenarios as Prince Harry's royal wedding approaches...
1. What if I just jump in front of the royal carriage and profess my love? Maybe he'll change his mind?
2. Does it count if I object at the wedding and we've never officially met?
3. *Sniffles* We would've looked SO GOOD together as a couple *cries*
4. Honestly, I feel betrayed and I feel like was in the dark this whole time how could he?!
5. I would've been the BEST aunt to little George and Charlotte
6. Maybe I should just show up in a wedding dress anyway
7. *Researchers bachelor princes that aren't old*
8. Ok so there are other options that aren't that bad but Harry will always be no.1 in my heart
9. My hopes and dreams of having tea with my grandmother-in-law, the Queen of England, are gone forever
10. I wonder why I haven't received my invitation to the wedding yet...
11. You can bet that I'll be wearing my tiara the whole time during the wedding.
12. *Googles how long I have to wait until it's appropriate to date Prince George*
13. I feel like I just went through a breakup.
14. "Princess Madelene" just has a way better ring what does a girl have to DO?!
15. *Tweets at famous celebs and royals invited to the wedding asking if they need a plus one*
16. *Bitterly unpacks my suitcases because I will not, in fact, be moving to the palace*
17. Someone can still get cold feet, right? RIGHT??
18. Whatever happened to having a royal ball, losing a shoe and then searching the country for the person who fits it?
19. *Throws glass slipper in the direct path of Harry as he walks down the aisle*
20. I'm gonna have to reevaluate my life plan because this royal wedding that ISN'T mine is really throwing me off.
So, it's extremely unlikely that Prince Harry will leave Meghan for me. Like most aspiring princesses, my hopes of snagging the spare heir with the red hair is gone. But I will not be defeated! On to the next bachelor prince!
I wonder if Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg is single...