Trump's Tweets Are Unnecessary, And Frankly, Dangerous

What is going on in that head of his? Anything?
27

President Trump took to his favorite media platform – Twitter – on Tuesday morning to denounce two members of Congress. Trump referred to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, both Democrats, as “Chuck and Nancy” in a tweet labeling the pair as incompetent to avoid a government shutdown without hardening their grip on crime, vetting immigrants, or lowering taxes.

Trump's “Chuck and Nancy” label makes the Senator and House Representative come across as some kind of entertainment duo rather than two serious politicians. The joke of a tweet makes Trump look like a child and Pelosi and Schumer as a show. Not only does it show Trump’s immaturity, but it also shows a disconnect between Trump and Democrats in Congress. We can see how our government is working – or not working.

Trump shows no regard for anyone but himself through his tweets.

In one of his recent tweets, Trump addressed North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un as “short and fat”. Despite what Jong-Un looks like, his country has been threatening the United States with nuclear war for years. Yet, Trump took to the internet to insult this dictator and potentially endanger his country. He very frequently tweets about the threat that North Korea imposes on the U.S., but his actions are far from precautionary and his insults could even put the U.S. in greater danger.

Trump addressed illegal immigrants as “deplorables” in a September tweet. This derogatory term, widely used across Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, suggests that anyone who is in this country illegally can easily be removed. By using it, Trump does not take into account anyone who has come to the U.S. for reasons other than work, including safety or family matters. Trump merely overlooks any circumstance in which the United States could act as a safe haven for immigrants and instead, labels them “deplorables”.

These are just a few of Trump’s social media slip-ups throughout his presidency and while we can look through his Twitter page and see a theme of fearlessness and brutal honesty, we can also look at his Twitter page and see potential dangers to our country’s security and holes in our government.

How do we know that the next world leader that Mr. Trump angers will not declare nuclear war? And what kind of government is he running in which it is okay to publically criticize and poke fun at other government officials for the entire public sphere to see? It is crucial for unity within the government in order for anything effective to come out of Congress. Our president might want to reconsider his words before he sends out his next tweet for the sake of his country.