He Was Too Worried About The Future That He Forgot To Live In The Present

I just wish he could be present, even when everyone around us is in a rush.

435

I know this guy. . . or maybe I don't because he's always changing. He's always on the go. He never sits down. He never takes a break. He's so focused on his future and all of the obstacles he has to overcome to get there, that I think he forgot to live in the now.

And it would be selfish of me to say, "Forget the future! Worry about today!" because in the long run, our today's are building our future too. It's all a little messy, and it's all a little complicated. . . but there has to be a balance.

I wish he would take the chance to get to know those around him. Enjoy the simple things in life every once in a while and quit holding back because he doesn't know where he's going to end up.

There's a difference between letting your future possess you and letting your future shape you. We're all on the same boat at this stage - unsure. We don't know what we want, we don't know who we'll become, we don't even know what we're really working for. Yeah, some of us have ideas and expectations about our futures but the reality of life is that we don't know what life is going to hit us with. We just have to be okay with a different tomorrow.

There's a lot I don't know about him. There's a lot I wish I knew. Thing is, I've accepted that I won't. Our time is limited here, and although he may stay here for the extra schooling he needs, he'll be even more focused then than he is now.

Throw away your responsibilities just once. It doesn't have to be every night or every week - but give it a shot. See where life takes you when you aren't worried about the future for just one second.

Life is neat and while some of us are so glued to our technology and social media, others of us are taking in the moments as they come. He may be looking down at books and writing assignments, but if he were to look up for just one second he could see how much he's missing out on.

I know he's going to get where he wants to be someday, I don't doubt that. I just wish he could let others in his life on his process of getting there. And if he were to ever stumble upon this and know this is exactly about him, I just want him to know can say hi. He can talk to me.

You meet people, you set different expectations, you have new experiences.

You focus on your studies for four years and then you continue them or you finally begin life. Don't rush, don't wear yourself out. In the end, I just wish he could be present, even when everyone around us is in a rush.