5 Ways For College Students To Prepare To Go Back To Campus This Fall

Going back to college is always stressful, so here are some tips to get prepared!

30
Photo by cottonbro on Pexels

Going back to school is always a transition, but this year it is especially. This year, students who haven't been on campus for over a year and a half are coming back. While this is all exciting, it is so nerve-wracking at the same time. It is almost like you have to prepare and go through the adjustment period all over again. It's not easy for some people.

So, here are a few ways that you can prepare to go back to college, especially if you haven't been on campus lately.

1. Journal

Write down how you're feeling and what you're going through. All of your anxieties and nerves written down on one page can be powerful. After you write them all down, burn it, tear it up, leave it, or do whatever you feel you need to do to help get rid of the worries you have. You can also write down what you're excited for and looking forward to when you go back!

2. Talk to people and make connections again

Reach out to all of your old friends or acquaintances and see if they want to do something when you go back. Go out for lunch or go to the rec center. Do whatever y'all want just make those connections again! It will help with the transition. If you are really anxious about going back to campus, then reach out to someone you are close with and discuss it with them. They might be able to help with the transition also.

3. Get organized

Organize everything you have to do and get done before you go back to campus. Slowly start checking items off of your list; it will make you feel more prepared! If you have a lot of stuff to take with you as you move in, start organizing it so you don't have to do it last minute and you know what all you have.

4. Find fun activities to do when you get back

If you are the type of person who needs to always stay busy and do things, then you should definitely look up some activities to do the first few weeks you are back! This might help you meet new friends, have a few new experiences, and hopefully help you settle in better.

5. Get a new book!

Starting a new book is always a good thing. Reading a book is a great way to not only distracte yourself and help you settle in better, but also it's educational! Reading books can take you away from all of reality. It allows you to go somewhere else for a period of time and relax. It also can be very time-consuming, so this is a great way to take up some down time.