Predictions For Major College Football Bowl Games

25

Well, here it is. The final College Football Playoff bracket and rankings have been announced, and we are in for a show. The number one seeded Clemson Tigers will face off against the number four Oklahoma Sooners, and the number two Alabama Crimson Tide will take on the number three Michigan State Spartans. The Playoff features every power conference besides the Pac-12, so the furthest West team would be from Norman, Okla. But the games should still see a large audience because the first round of games are to be played on New Year’s Eve this year, rather than New Year’s Day.

This season has been a wild one, to say the least. From hail Mary touchdown throws in the final seconds to win the game, and very notable coaches leaving or getting fired from high-profile schools, to the Cinderella stories that fell just short. The bowl season has brought us great match-ups in the past, and it seems to be that way again. Isn’t that what it’s all about? Matching two teams up that do not play each other often, to battle over a trophy and bragging rights in a warm location, is what makes bowl games worth watching. If you have not been paying much attention to the excitement, this year, here are my predictions for the major bowl games.

Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, Fla. on Dec. 29.

North Carolina vs. Baylor.
Winner: North Carolina.

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl in Houston, Tex. on Dec. 29.

LSU vs. Texas Tech.
Winner: LSU.

Birmingham Bowl in Birmingham, Ala. on Dec. 30.

Auburn vs. Memphis.
Winner: Auburn.

Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C. on Dec. 30.

NC State vs. Mississippi State.
Winner: Mississippi State.

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl in Nashville, Tenn. on Dec. 30.

Texas A&M vs. Louisville.
Winner: Texas A&M.

Holiday Bowl in San Diego, Calif. on Dec. 30.

USC vs. Wisconsin.
Winner: USC.

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta, Ga. on Dec. 31.

Houston vs. Florida State.
Winner: Florida State.

College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Capital One Orange Bowl in Miami Gardens, Fla. on Dec. 31.

No. 4 Oklahoma vs. No. 1 Clemson.
Winner: Oklahoma.

College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic in Arlington, Tex. on Dec. 31.

No. 3 Michigan State vs. No. 2 Alabama.
Winner: Alabama.

Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla. on Jan. 1.

Northwestern vs. Tennessee.
Winner: Northwestern.

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla. on Jan. 1.

Michigan vs. Florida.
Winner: Michigan.

BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Ariz. on Jan.1.

Notre Dame vs. Ohio State.
Winner: Ohio State.

Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual in Pasadena, Calif. on Jan. 1.

Stanford vs. Iowa.
Winner: Stanford.

Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, La. on Jan. 1.

Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss.
Winner: Oklahoma State.

TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla. on Jan. 2.

Penn State vs. Georgia.
Winner: Georgia.

AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn. on Jan. 2.

Valero Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, Tex. on Jan. 2.

Oregon vs. TCU.
Winner: Oregon.

Motel 6 Cactus Bowl in Phoenix, Ariz. on Jan. 2.

West Virginia vs. Arizona State.
Winner: Arizona State.

College Football Playoff National Championship Presented by AT&T in Glendale, Ariz. on Jan. 11.

No. 4 Oklahoma vs. No. 2 Alabama.
National Champion: Oklahoma.