Prayer Really Does Make A Difference

Prayer Really Does Make A Difference

Prayer is more than words coming from our mouth, but an intimate moment between us and the Father.

28
Prayer Really Does Make A Difference
cipnm.org

Prayer means everything. Many times we think that God only cares about the major details in our life, but he also cares about the small details. I especially realized this at Family Farm this past week. Last summer I lost every competition, and I really believed that this summer would go the same way. But this past Wednesday, I wanted to win so badly. So I did the one thing I never thought I would do for this small of a detail in my life — I prayed. I asked God to give my group of kids the ability to do their very best and to give it their all.

And guess what? That is exactly what happened. I encouraged all 10 of my kiddos, and they put 110 percent into every rally race and the tug-of-war. And we won! It was amazing to finally win, especially on the first week of camp. But it did not stop at that. On Thursdays at Family Farm, we have Salvation Station, and we spend that time sharing the gospel with our group of kids. At the beginning of the week, I spent some time outside praying and reading my Bible, and I kept asking God to use me to be a light to my kids for the week. I wanted each of them to see Jesus through me.

On Thursday when it was time for Salvation Station, the words came so easily for me, and I did not feel intimidated, but I felt as if I could conquer the world. Two of my kiddos got saved, and I thank God so much for using me to be a light to my campers. For the first time ever, I had campers get saved, which never happened last summer. It felt so good to lead someone to Christ, and because God is so good, he answered my prayers. I had a great first week of camp, but I had an even greater realization of how amazing prayer is.

On Thursday at the fishing station, one of the kids caught a fish, and he was asked how he caught it. He responded with the comment that he prayed before he cast his fishing line into the water, and he caught a fish. It was those two words that made such an impact on my life this past week, “I prayed.” He prayed for something that was so simple and yet so small. He placed his faith in a prayer and expected God to answer it, and God did. Prayer makes a huge difference. It is more than words coming from our mouths, but an intimate conversation between the Father and us.

A moment that is so special because we are taking the time to tell God our needs, no matter how big or small they might be. But not only is prayer important for talking to God about what we need, but also to thank Him for what He has done and everything that He will do in our lives. We need to go to God in prayer no matter what goes on in our life, because prayer means everything.