The Power of Solitude

The Power of Solitude

Why isolation can lead to relaxation
160

As I've gotten older I've started to realize that the busier I get, the less time I have to focus on myself and do things that make me truly happy. I feel a constant pressure to always be around other people and make others feel appreciated and make sure that I am on top of all things that I juggle, so much so that I forget to take a second to focus on myself.

It's not until I travel home on break do I truly get to appreciate how relaxing and therapeutic alone time can be. To be in your own atmosphere with your own thoughts and just doing things that truly make you feel better. Getting your hair or nails done, spending an extra 30 minutes in the gym, cooking, reading a book, or just taking a nap. A simple stress release can change your entire mood. Sometimes you have to remove yourself from life and all that surrounds you to take a breath and move forward on a stronger foot.

Don't be afraid to be selfish from time to time. It is entirely okay to make sure that you are in the right mental state and that you are happy. Every other aspect of your life and every other relationship stems from loving yourself and being able to be happy with who you are and where you are in life.

"Now and then its good to pause in our pursuit of perfection and just be happy." This quote speaks volumes to the reality of life. We are all flawed as humans. You don't need to spend every waking moment aiming to achieve the unattainable. Be happy with what you have. Be grateful for the life you're able to live and just enjoy the moment. I promise its okay.