Try A Little Postivity

Try A Little Postivity

Don't forget to help others when you're helping yourself.

61
Try A Little Postivity

I try to always see the best in things, in people, in anything. When I’m met with a boulder I turn into donkey commenting on its beautiful qualities as a boulder.

Sometimes this is a blessing and sometimes this is a curse, it all depends on the situation. But there is only one situation that I cannot seem to fathom in my mind, and cannot spin to be positive in any way possible.

Let me just interject at this point that I am in no way political in any sense. I do not like to talk politics with my friends and sometimes not even my family. To me, politics is that taboo subject hidden in the back no one brings up. There are enough people out in the world yelling and whispering their opinions that mine would just add to the noise so instead, I just ask one thing: let us all take a breath and try to see the “blessing in disguise.”

This all may be attributed to my recent binge watch of West Wing, a wonderful political drama surrounding President Josiah Bartlet as he efficiently and effectively runs America. It might be seeing a president promote positive change in this fictional world, or turning on the nightly news to hear another story regarding a certain person that makes my eyes roll and my blood pressure spike; whatever the cause I realize more every day that we need more positivity in this modern world.

The positivity could start from just smiling at strangers, or counting your blessings before counting the afflictions. Now, this is easier said than done, we can all say that we’ll do this or that and then the world will be such a happier place. Wrong. We cannot just talk the talk, we also have to walk the walk. What is the point if you say you’re going to do something and then never do it. In the end that is just wasting breath and time. Instead, we all have to do little acts of kindness every day. They do not have to be monumental, hence the phrase little acts. But they can turn into monuments.

One tiny act is not going to change the world, but together it just might make a difference to someone else. So, while we are all going to the gym more, eating healthy more, or trying a new hobby let us all remember to think about helping others in the new year and not just ourselves.