Calling It Now, Post Malone’s 'beerbongs and bentleys' Will Be The Soundtrack Of The Summer

"Man, my life so sweet, I feel like Cody."
151

Post Malone is a rising star. With his career beginning in 2015, and only escalating from there. He performed at Kylie Jenner's 18th birthday party, where he met Kanye West. He quickly became friends with West and is featured on West's latest album "The Life of Pablo." Post then met Justin Bieber, and they became great friends, as Post went on to be the opening act for Bieber's Purpose World Tour.

In April of 2016, Post Malone released his first single "Go Flex," and the rest is history. Currently, Post Malone has three albums, several singles, and countless hits. His most recent album, "beerbongs & bentleys" was released on April 27th, 2018, and it has been making history since then. The eighteen songs have racked up more than 430 million streams in the United States alone. Fourteen songs are currently featured on the Top 40 on the Hot 100 list, setting the new all-time record for the most simultaneous appearances on the list by one person.

Post Malone has had an impressive career thus far. And with the success of his latest album, I am predicting that his fans will be listening to it throughout the entire summer. When it first released, I immediately added the album to my music app, and I have been listening to it every day since then. The album features the best beats, the best vocal ranges.

And beautifully heartbreaking lyrics. While Post is a rapper, the way he sings his songs is more melodic and down-to-earth than most rappers. However, I still need to look up the lyrics to understand what he is saying. These eighteen songs are also some of the catchiest songs I have heard. The lyrics get stuck in your head and you will be singing them all day. Which, in this case, is not a bad thing.

The vocal variety in these songs is amazing. His work features artists like Swae Lee, 21 Savage, Ty Dolla $ign, Nicki Minaj, G-Eazy, and YG. These artists just make the songs even better. They all have very similar singing styles and that plays a huge role in the cohesiveness of these select songs.

Of the 18 songs, 15 are brand-new songs. The other three have been previously released as singles and featured on other albums. But that doesn't mean these songs are old or less popular. "Psycho" and "rockstar" have remained on the radio and in the public's eye since they were released. "Candy Paint" was featured on "The Fate of the Furious" album when it hit theaters in April of 2017.

When asked to pick a favorite song, I would immediately say "Zack and Codeine." But believe me when I tell you that it is hard to pick a favorite. This song was just the first one I really listened to, and it stuck with me.

But I also love, "Ball For Me," "Spoil My Night," and "92 Explorer." But each song has a special place in my mind, and I can get down to any of them. Each song is its own, and yet each song forms a cohesive album that focuses on Post Malone. With how much success this album has had in the first two/three weeks, these numbers will continue to rise, and this album will become even more historic.