The Post Graduate Life As Told By The Golden Girls

Adult Life is just weirder, and you may start finding lines on your face.

61
Simplemost

The Post Grad life, the true marking of adulthood. If you think childhood is weird, wait until adulthood. Weirder stuff happens because you're now left unsupervised.

1. It has finally hit you that you're actually a grown up.

You may have been over 18 for a while, but now you have a college degree and can get an office job.

2. School? You're not doing that anymore!

No more classes that don't mean a thing to you. No more early morning classes. No more group projects where you're the only person who did all the work (I apologize to everyone I've ever been in a group project with, I never did s**t!)

3. No more living in a lousy dorm room

You either finally have a place of your own, sharing with your best friends, and sometimes those two best friends maybe mom and dad.

4. You never have to sit in a classroom ever again unless you want to

Don't feel pressured to go to graduate school, but if it's calling your name, then go for it!

5. But you realize you need a job.

No thanks, I need a break.

6. But hey, that means more money for you!

Isn't that why we went to college? To get a better paying job?

7. You're probably living with your parents temporarily if not permanently

Hey, you'll save money on food or rent. Free money, that's all it is!!

8. You and your mom are probably turning into Dorothy and Sophia

Instead of your mom telling you to get the best grades, she's on the hunt for the hottest single man or woman for you, or instead, you're the one telling her to behave.

9. You've been on dates when you lived on campus, but if you're at home it still feels like you're sneaking out ... even though you're a grown up and don't need anyone's permission.

Go have fun and live your life! Your mom probably did the same thing when she lived with your grandma. If it's with someone you used to know it'll feel like that time Dorothy would sneak out on dates with her ex-husband Stan.

10. You start to notice that you are either becoming like your mom or your dad

You find yourself saying something that your mom probably said to you as a kid, and you stop mid-sentence and say, "Oh god I sound like my mother." That's it right there, the true marking of adulthood.

11. Any recreational activity you do will be with a few people your age, and the rest are older than your mom.

12. You find old pictures from High School on either Facebook or your mom's computer, and realized how different you looked since you were in the middle of going through puberty.

When people find my high school yearbook photo.

13. Making your own appointments is nearly impossible

But you have to make your own appointments, that's what older people do.

14. You realize that it might be a good idea to learn how to cook.

BRB spending all my money at Chipotle

15. Some nights you go out to a bar, but other nights going to the Container Store sounds way more fun

Heck, I'll do that TONIGHT... after my shift

16. When your parents want to go over your finances with you

Nooooooooo, I need time to recover from college first!!

17. You may or may not find a few lines on your face

Was that from Senior Week or semester internship? I'm going to need to find some cream for my face after all the stress I've dealt with in the past year!

While adulthood can be weird and scary, you are definitely ready to tackle it!