3 Positive Changes That The BLM Protests Made, Don't Pretend Rioting Doesn't Work

These BLM protests have made the change we have been waiting for.

18

Black Lives Matter!

Officers Involved In Floyd's Death Were Arrested and Charged

If it wasn't for all the love everyone has shown towards George Floyd,may he rest in peace, those officers or murderers wouldn't be charged. Chauvin was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. The three other officers were fired and charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder, and aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter.

Anti-Choke-hold Bill Passed

The New York State Assembly passed the Eric Garner Anti-Choke hold Act. The act passed both houses of the New York State Legislature and Governor Andrew Cuomo. Eric Garner was killed in 2014 after being placed in a choke-hold by a NYPD officer.The bill charges a police officer up to 15 years in prison if he/she injures or kills somebody through the choke-hold or similar restraint form.

Companies, Celebrities and Organizations Take A Stance

Protesters, you are not alone! Companies, celebrities and organizations have been held accountable as never before, and the highly visible world of social media only makes it that much harder for them to shy away from taking a direct stance on the issues at hand. Reddit, whose co-founder Alexis Ohanian recently via a video urging the board to fill his seat with a black candidate. Reebok said, "We are not asking you to buy our shoes. We are asking you to walk in someone's else's." Nike, a long-term committed brand, fighting the prejudice was quick to launch an ad, "For once, don't do it". American brands like Amazon and Netflix are weighing in on police brutality and racism, as well as Australian brands, mostly fashion retailers have taken a stand. Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez joined the protests with signs "BLM #enoughIsEnough" and "Let's Get Loud for Black Lives Matter".