​10 Positive Affirmations You Deserve To Hear This Week

We can overcome our past shortcomings.
332

Each day is a new opportunity to become the most productive and happy version of yourself. Given the gift of life, we can share our skills, bring people together and overcome whatever past mistakes we may have made.

In order to grow from our necessary and human errors, we must acknowledge them and begin to construct our pathway to success. If we remain defeated by our past challenges or poor choices, we remain in an unhealthy cycle of self-pity or hate, which can only negatively affect those around us.

In order to start a practice of introspection and enact positive changes, we must be kind to ourselves and appreciate all that we are and can do.

I challenge you to start your day with positive affirmations and a gratitude meditation. Waking up and taking note of all of the blessings that you have is a healthy and positive way to begin your day. I find that it helps me remain calm, feel happier and pulls me away from any unnecessary stress or anxiety about the challenges that I might face over the course of the day.

Make a list of at least 10 things that you are grateful for, drink a tall glass of water, take a deep breath and then give yourself love.

1. You are loved and people care deeply about your happiness and safety.

2. You are beautiful, gifted and absolutely capable of becoming everything that you wish to be.

3. You are here for a reason and you have overcome dark days.

4. You are admired by peers, loved by family members and worthy of respect.

5. You are blessed with this day and you have the power to direct it as you wish.

6. You are as you should be and without a flaw that should cause you insecurity or pain.

7. You are healing, growing and wildly powerful.

8. You are more than your "mistakes", your off-seasons and your traumas.

9. You are able to change the world for the better, to be kind to others, to challenge yourself and to spread love.

10. You are brilliant, talented and have a unique perspective that deserves to be heard.

Once the school year gets going, it can be hard to remain centered without loved ones to guide us and a hectic schedule or increasing workload. It is so important to take the time everyday to appreciate all that you do and can do with your life and the gifts that you have. Spend time with yourself both working tirelessly on yourself and then resting, appreciating that work.

Balance is key. I hope that you all try to incorporate positive affirmations or gratitude notes into your day in whatever form is most beneficial to you and I send positive vibes, love and care.