Any time something controversial comes up in politics, you always see posts on social media. On Facebook, people write about their political views and what they think about what's happening in the country. On Instagram, you see stories of people saying they support or are disappointed in what the government is doing. All this does is start a riff between you and your Facebook friends or your followers. So why do people do it?

Last time I checked, social media is not your political diary.

I get that some might be frustrated with the government and may not agree with what is going on. Sometimes you just need to rant. Recently, with Alabama, social media has been flooded with disappointment. I do not agree with what Alabama is going whatsoever, but you won't catch me posting to social media. It is not the place.

If you don't agree with what is happening... speak up.

Don't post about it. Put down your phone and get up and do something about it because your Twitter rant isn't read by the Supreme Court. Write to your local politicians, protest, fight for what you think is right.

That's the beauty of America, you have the right to speak up for what you believe is right.

So save your posts. The only thing it does is cause a fight on social media. People need to work together for change, not against one another. This doesn't mean be silent because silence is just as bad as not doing anything. This is the time to fight for what is right. So get off social media and do it.